Pride of America - Hawaii: Pride of America Cruise Review by NYC Girl
Overall Member Rating
Pride of America - Hawaii
* Our bags were waiting in our cabin when we arrived. Henry, our steward, was exceptional and anticipated our every need.
* We usually ate dinner about 7:30 and had leisurely experiences, but not excessively long waits. The food was what I would expect from a ship carrying 2,000 passengers. We ordered simple dishes and were never disappointed. One evening I asked for coffee ice cream and although they didn't have it on the menu they went to another dining room to get it.
* We ate in all the specialty restaurants, except the sushi bar, and were delighted with all. We are used to New York City-quality food and More this was just fine.
* We had breakfast in our cabin most mornings and it arrived exactly on time and exactly what we ordered. * We loved the public areas and the outdoor areas. The pool had just the right amount of shade and never ran out of towels. And having the "adult" pool was a treat -- although there was no shade.
* All the shore excursions we took were conducted by knowledgeable guides and we had no complaints. All in all, no complaints. We found the young American crew to be delightful and eager to please. They were very chatty and we enjoyed hearing their stories. No, these are not career waiters or stewards, but that's okay. Most had signed on for one-year and then they will be gone. We heard that there was a major crew upheaval when the ship entered service but by the time we sailed it seemed to have worked itself out.
We had only two complaints: the public spaces were freezing! Everyone walked around hugging themselves. A little less air conditioning would have been fine and the crew manning the reception desk were idiots. We quickly learned not to ask them anything. Less