Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Jenise

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: H
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
I was not impressed at all. There were 18 family members. Five of the members had cruised before and all five said this cruise was not as good as the others they have experienced.

For this to be my first cruise I was disappointed. I was excited when we first arrived at the port. Check-in was wonderful. Once we walked onto the ship, I thought to myself, this is going to be nice. The centrum was nice. We arrived early(noon), so our room was not ready. We went to the Windjammer for lunch. The food was okay. It was warm, NEVER HOT. After lunch we made our way to our room. As soon as we turned the corner on our floor(3rd floor) we were met with a foul odor(like sewage). That immediately turned me off. When I got to my room I no longer smelt the odor though the odor remained in that little section the entire trip. I did notice stains on my floor and on the dressers. The room size was good for my daughter and I.

We had early sitting in the main dining room. Food was good but once again only warm. A friend of mine had warned me not to buy the soda pass because the juice is free and it is really good. However, she was on the Sovereign of the Seas, not the Majesty. The Majesty watered down their juices. The first night, I ordered cranberry juice and it did not taste like cranberry juice. It was drinkable but really weak. Well the next day at the BBQ cookout at Coco Cay, my sister-in-law witnessed the staff pouring pitchers of water into the fruit punch. I thought that was really low. That is like cheating your customers.

Saturday night my toilet broke. The plumber came Sunday morning. He stuck his hand in the toilet to pull out some tissue, then he was touching stuff, i.e. door handles, sink nobs. I was too through. To witness that made my daughter and I both about throw up. I went to the pursers to complain and they sent my room attendant to sanitize my room, but still, I could not get that visual out of my mind. I did not use my bathroom the rest of the trip. I used my mother's room down the hall. If there would not have been anymore family on this trip I don't know what I would have done.

I also was not aware of the tipping suggestions for the head waiter, waiter, assistant waiter and the room attendant. They suggest $30/guest to cover everyone. That would have been $60 for my daughter and myself. It's not mandatory, but the way they always leave notes in your room, you start to feel as if it is mandatory.

Of course to each it's own. Some reviews I read had a ball. For me and my little one, we will never cruise this ship again.

Publication Date: 08/25/05