Pacific Princess Cruise Review by Crusader: Pacific Princess - Asia

Compare Prices on Pacific Princess Asia Cruises

Pacific Princess - Asia

Sail Date: July 2005
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

I had a hard time finding previous reviews of this cruise but I am sure others will see that these ports of call are far off and Princess only seems to cruise here 2/3 times a year.

My wife and I are in are 40s, have cruised to many other destinations, and we did not travel with children-

This ship is small compared to other Princess ships with only 650 passengers but that can be better when in port since there are not throngs landing from other ships-but with this closeness you do tend to see the same people over and over, aka forced intimacy! There is only 1 small pool with 2 spas but that seemed fine-Sabatinis and Steak House alternated 3 days off then switched for 3 days on with the same exact wait staff which was kind of weird and the food was ok-the regular seating dinners were easy with the staff allowing to change tables for more guests or locations but a few $5 or $25 casino chips always help! The casino crew and bar staff were the best and made the whole More trip great-this cruise had I believe it was 120 Mexican passengers and it seemed they all liked to gamble since I got to meet many of them at the tables. Also met a few very fine Australians who we hung out with. Only downer with the Casino was the slots which had no video poker but lame Australian based slots which everyone including the dealers criticized. The Internet room was usually packed and I think they need to rethink the cost of this use since it is way over priced for what you get (slow connections).

The staff and shows were ok, and some of the staff that dance and sing can be seen during the day conducting kids and pool activities doing double duty.

A word to those 30/40ish somethings with small children who insist on taking the toddlers and small kids to the late night shows, bingo, and other events and insisting on sitting in the front row-Ok enough already we know you can reproduce and were willing to pay the extra cost to drag them along so please just keep them under control and in your own little world! I didn't think I would travel 3k miles to have that Chucky Cheesey feeling-

Food and Wait Staff were great, but to that guy at the 2nd 8:15 seating I know you are on vacation but next time please try and not wear leather flip flops to dinner, then flip them off and have your bare feet out and on your wife's seat, floor, table, for me to see 12 of 16 nights!

There was a typhoon heading to China and the Captain decided that nothing would stop him so he just followed behind it for 2 days, and my stomach felt it as well as others-

Bangkok- Kind of dirty in the city- Malaysia- went to a fish drying village very hot, smelly, so why? Singapore-Very clean and neat- Saigon-wow talk about going back to the dark ages, very 3rd world- Nha Trang-nice beach area, but ruined by the pushy vendors- Shang Hai-Fun place, and Rolex watches for only $13 US dollars! korea-industrial port, so again why? Bejing-great wall more desperate vendors, view to emerging super power

I am sure I am missing a few ports but they all seem to run together after the 4th port! Less

Read more Pacific Princess cruise reviews >>