Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Carolp: Voyager of the Seas - Bermuda

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Voyager of the Seas - Bermuda

Sail Date: July 2005
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

My husband and my 6yr old son have been looking forward to this cruise for almost a year. We booked it early so that we could have our families and friends have time to sign up! As of 10:30 am on Sunday morning, both the web site and the customer service representative I spoke with told us that as of that time (10:30am) they had NOT made any changes.

When a van of 12 arrived at Cape Liberty the driver handed us a piece of paper stating that we were being re-routed due to TS Franklin. Not only were we not going to Bermuda, the Itinerary was to go north to Canada. The Captain told us the weather was clear for the next 3 days and warm. I don't know what weather channel they were going by but I barely even saw Canada (which is OK. I have taken this cruise for 1/2 the $$ on another cruise line).

When we docked in New Brunswick, Canada, there was fog, misty rain, and the temp never went over 55 degrees at it's highest. I saw passengers getting off the ship and it More looked as though they had never seen a sweatshirt/jacket. (me included). We were freezing. Too cold to take my son to walk around because he just didn't have the attire- Fall/!Winter Clothes.

I have to say that the camp that my son attended (The Explorer's age 6) was great. I would like to thank them for their care and creativity The circus parade was cute and they all looked great as pirates. However, it was hard to find the parade at the right time.

I think out of all the days we were on the ship, we were able to enjoy Deck 11 only a few hours the entire trip.

The cruise was not clean as I expected. The cappuccino machine broke on the first day and they never tried to fix it.

What can someone say when they plan to go on a cruise to Bermuda, where we honeymooned 11 years ago. My son was excited, we were excited. When ppl ask how our cruise was ....We get the same response Oh, you were on that cruise...that sucks. they must be compensating its passengers somehow. You should have at least went into comparable temperature, stayed at sea.... DOCK IN NYC at least it had HOT Tropic like temps We we given a differential of 45.20 for port charges

I did a lot of research on how the decision was made. As we walked onto the ship, we were given our daily list if itineraries. How did they change them so fast. The whole thing, 4 pages back and front. I was told tat the decision was made 2 days prior and that the crew was aware of the re-routing a full day before left. A lot of things just didn't go right. There was a meeting on the ship, that became unruly. RCCL should have done something to appease their passengers.Nothing was done to make me or my family and friends feel that we would ever use RCI cruise line. You owed more that 45.20 to us. A voucher, something? But I was turned away when I phoned the cruise line.

I had such great anticipation for the cruise. I was hoping RCI would come through in the end. Shame on You... Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>