Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Bartolotte: Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: July 2005
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Getting on board in Long Beach was a very long process. The line was horrendous. We just happened to go after the bombings in England and they upped the security alert and everybody was checked and re-checked. It took forever. Must have patience that is for sure! The port itself was really pretty. We booked our transportation through Greyhound from LAX and it was a nice air conditioned bus. They were waiting for us at LAX with a sign so that was really nice.

This was our family's 2nd cruise. The Pride was very nice once we boarded. Our room was great. We were on the Verandah forward. We had a window on our cruise last year and decided we didn't need the view as we were only in the room to sleep. It was nice and dark too when we wanted to sleep in which was wonderful!! There were 4 of us in the room. My husband and I and our 2 kids (ages 13 & 7). Our other son had to stay in Grandma & Grandpas room because the rooms only sleep 4 max. He is 10. Our room steward was the More best. He was so nice and kept our room VERY clean!!!

The boat was interesting in the decor. My daughter who is 7 took about 2 days before she would stop talking about all the naked statues and pictures everywhere. It was funny. Besides the all the goofy statues and naked pictures the boat was beautiful! Very easy to get around and find everything. It took my 7 yr. old 1 day and she had the layout of the boat down.

The boat was very steady compared to our cruise last year. Hardly any rocking. When it did it wasn't bad at all. Nobody got sick this time which was good!

The Karaoke bar was the best. We spent a lot of time in there. The kids loved it. My older son spent most of his time in the evenings at Beauties which is a great dance club. After 10:30 my husband and I danced the night away every night in there. Great music and a great DJ! The casino was so much fun too! The have a lot going on during the day at sea by the pools. It was a lot of fun watching the contests.

The shows were good. The shops were excellent. There were a lot of kids on the boat which is awesome if you have kids of your own. Mine met so many friends that they are still keeping in touch with over the internet. We hardly saw the kids during the entire day and night because they were so busy with their friends.

The food was EXCELLENT! Much better than the last cruise. We ate and ate and everything was good. We opted to only eat in the dining room for dinner on the formal nights, otherwise we ate up at the Lido deck which like I said always had a lot to choose from and very good! The gym facility was really nice! If you are into working out it was really great!

The ports we visited were Cabo: Cabo was really nice. You have to take a tender to the beach. Must go to Mendano beach. That is where the action is and it is really nice. All sorts of water sports. My girlfriend and I parasailed together. The boys and husband rented wave runners. BEWARE: My 13yr. old son got pulled in by the Mexican Militia for getting too close to the cruise ship on his wave runner. Not a good thing. They towed the wave runner in and wouldn't give it back. We had to pay $350.00 to bail him out of the mess. It is usually $1,100.00 which we got really lucky not to have paid cuz of a lot of begging and pleading. If he was older he would have been arrested. With the high security alert they are very strict. That put a major damper on the day.

Puerto Vallarta was ok. We didn't go far. It was very hot and we only got off to walk to Wal-Mart and they to the vendors who are right there when you get off the boat. Mazatlan was gorgeous! We booked our horseback riding tour online with Randi's Happy Horses. Randi is THE BEST!!! We got to ride on the beach for about an hour and half and then stayed at this beachside bar for a couple hours drinking. The kids played in the water at the beach. VERY nice! Book online through her if you want to horseback ride. She was waiting for us when we got off the boat. She is a character. You take a tender out to the island and it is quite interesting. Especially leaving because you see all the fishermen cleaning the catches of the day. Very cool! Have Fun!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>