Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Mom2anangel: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: July 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband, 3 year old daughter and my parents travelled on the Glory July 9th. I have been reading Cruise Critic since February to familiarize myself with what to expect. I read many posts complaining about children and I would shake my head at their posts, but I will admit, one of my disappointments with this cruise was with the hordes of unsupervised children. During the Justin Illusion show, my mom and I sat behind two rows filled with children, approx 10-15 years old who continually heckled the magician forcing him to stop his act and banter with them. I saw the same group of kids continually alone throughout the trip and it makes me wonder what their parents were thinking.

Our room was my other disappointment. We had a balcony cabin, 6445, which was directly above the piano bar. I could not hear the cabins toilets flushing (which were quite loud) on either side of me, or the people talking, but I could hear that piano player and felt the vibrations More from the piano and the crowds yelling as if they were directly next to me.

We had first seating in the Platinum Dining Room and I can't say enough about how well we were treated. The waiter and waitstaff made a fuss over our daughter every night and took her to dance with them. I felt that the cruise director Mark was excellent and gifted with a sense of humor and a great singing voice. I will cruise again, just not when school is out. Carnival security staff did not have a handle on rowdiness. We stayed before and after the cruise at the Radisson at the Port and it was excellent and I highly recommend it.

We met people from the cruise on debarkation day who were the parents' of teenagers and they had the same complaints about kids gone wild and complained to staff after the magician show.

There was plenty of chair saving by the pool but I kind of expected that with such a full ship.

Bought beautiful jewelry at Cardow in St Thomas. The weather was great and overall we enjoyed our cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>