Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Mary Bryant: Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Mary Bryant
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: June 2004
Embarkation: Tampa

I was a bit uncertain of my first cruise on Carnival. I have have cruised many times on Celebrity Cruise Lines and found the service to be impeccable. I did find out later that there was no need to be uncertain and my worries were unfounded.

From the moment we arrived in Tampa the embarkation went so smoothly and quickly and we were on the gangway in no time at all. The embarkation staff greeted myself and my husband with smiles and polite conversation.

I was not really sure what to expect on the ship and to my amazement the ship was beautiful. I was expecting flashing lights and loud print fabrics everywhere as this is what I was told from a friend who had cruised on Carnival before. The decor was very tasteful in bold but beautiful colors and furnishings.

Food - I found the food to be of excellent quality. We dined at every eatery on the ship form the formal dining in the main dining room to the casual dining on Lido deck to the the wonderful "Nick and More Nora's" supper club where the staff are friendly and very attentive.

Entertainment - The cruise director "Mark Hawkins" was hilarious and kept us entertained at every turn. He always made himself available to answer questions and he was very informative. As I said before I have taken numerous cruises before and I have to say that the onboard Las Vegas Style shows were a credit to the young people who made them sparkle. "Generations" a, journey though the decades was superb and was followed by a second show "Ticket To Ride" which was based on music by The Beatles. The young talented energetic cast were a joy to watch and topped off by two of the best singers I have ever heard on a ship. These shows were definitely the highlight of the cruise and Carnival should be congratulated.

Cabin - We had booked an outside cabin with a balcony and it was well worth the extra cost. Our room steward Alfonso catered to our every whim with a smile. He should be given a raise and promotion.

Ports - All the ports were beautiful with maybe the exception of Belize. We made the mistake on not booking a tour for that day and there really is nothing much else to do there if you do not go on a tour.

All in all the whole thing completely exceeded our expectations. This was a quick last minute booking and we scored a home run. My husband and I are already looking at Carnival brochures to plan our next vacation.

Well done Carnival MIracle, Celebrity Cruise Lines, we still love you but you definitely have competition now. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>