Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by alan310: Infinity - Alaska

Infinity - Alaska

Sail Date: July 2005
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

This is our 3rd cruise with Celebrity and our second on the Infinity. This was our 6th Alaska cruise and the 2nd on Infinity. As for the ship - Wow!, WoW! and WoW! Did I miss one? I have definitely given up on the Carnival lines (HAL Princess Carnival Cunard) and Norwegian, unless a specialty cruise is offered such as exotic destinations or dance cruises. As Mary and I are still working we can take 2-3 cruises a year maximum with a 14 day in December which we plan on taking Crystal Cruises. For the 7 day cruises we are now solidly Celebrity cruisers.

What we like about Celebrity? The disco is large and the bands are superb. This time the band Centerfold is 7 pieces with two female singers. The shows are superb with 5 lead singers. I count two on other ships. Typical Broadway tunes done super well. Dance duo doing standard numbers was below par, but still fun to dance to. Cruise director and staff working overtime with many activities.

Alternative dining - Oceanview More Grill (Lido) has salad bar, pizza bar, sandwich bar, two ice cream stands and pasta bar. Plentiful staff that will help you carry your tray to a table. Waiters bring coffee and cold drinks in the Lido. Healthy dining option at the Spa. SS United States is fantastic and everyone was dressed formally. Dining room selections is about average for cruise ships.

Plenty of space to roam around and find quiet corners. Wireless internet. Disembarkation option of having our bags checked directly to our airline and receiving boarding passes on ship.

Our waiter DOODS! Funny as heck. I want him back. Spins the Baked Alaska on his head. Brought along an extra jacket just in case he dropped it! He has three children - all his he claims.

Stateroom temperature controlled by me! 'nuff said. Engines are quieter.

Mary and I have visited Alaska and we love to go. We have done most of the excursions and we just like to walk the towns and try to buy something. We are cruisers and the sites we visit are secondary to the enjoyment of the ship. We use the ship extensively and we become friendly with staff. If you are cruising to see Alaska then any ship is fine. If you are cruising then this ship is one of the best. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>