Norwegian Star Cruise Review by serialcruiser48: Norwegian Star is a star

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Western Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Star is a star

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

Where to start? Well, we spent two weeks on the Star; two cruises back to back. The main theater shows featured seven (7) main singers. The most I've ever seen on any ship. This was my 49th and 50th cruise overall, so I'm not easily impressed. The food was fantastic and my wife is Gluten free and she was well cared for in her diet needs. We enjoyed three of the seven specialty restaurants and were all outstanding.
In Jan of 2013 we sailed on the Carnival Magic followed by the Mariner of the Seas. Two weeks later we are on the Norwegian Star. The Magic and Mariner were both fun and offered great food and entertainment and were much larger ships by comparison. But the Norwegian Star was much more fun and entertaining.
One of my favorite cruise bands of any cruise ship was aboard the Star. Exotique! I first experienced Exotique on a Princess ship in 2008 and they quickly became my favorite band. They play Motown and all the great hits you love to dance to. If they don't get your More feet moving, you're probably dead.
The shows on the Norwegian Star were very Entertaining. My favorite "Elements" followed by "Band on the Run" are very well done. First rate singing and dancing. Just to let you know, I'm a fan of "So you think you can dance" and "The Voice" so I know what good dancing and singing is. Plus, I too can keep a beat and my favorite music is "to 40 POP".
Sean, the Hotel Director runs a very happy ship. I guess this is why the service is excellent. I had the priviledge of getting the opportunity of talking to Sean and told him what a wonderful job he was doing and that my wife and I were having a great time.
Kyle Dodson the cruise director is the best I've ever seen. He is really an excellent entertainer. He is witty, personable and very friendly. He is also a very good singer as he sang in the Lattitudes party.
My wife and I are very friendly, outgoing and polite. So we participate in everything. We were on a fist name basis with many of the staff and they treated us like VIPs. Not that we are, we stayed in an Inside cabin and are not big spenders.
My wife sleeps late and I wake early. So I love to spend my morning in the Blue Lagoon. I guess it's one of the best kept secrets aboard the ship as it was not crowded. If you sail on the Star, you need the know the Blue Lagoon if free. Hence, my attendance. The service is excellent and Charlotte, Oswaldo and Wilson will take great care of you.
Shout out to Constancio for outstanding service. Thanks.
Cruising secret. If you go to Belize, check out Pharmacy Express for ultra cheap prescriptions.
P.S. My wife and I are booked for 51 days in 2014 on the Star. That's how much we loved this ship and it's crew. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 10089

We stayed in two cabins on our two week cruise. They were both inside cabins. The first 9673 was on deck nine close to the Internet Cafe and offered great access to the decks below. My wife complained of a creek in the ceiling when the seas were rough and since the ship was completely booked, they offered her ear plugs. Our cabin steward Demetrio was outstanding. Our second cabin 10089 was also and inside cabin. I liked the layout of 9673 more, but 10089 was quiet in all seas. If 9673 had been a quiet cabin, it would have been perfect. Our cabin steward of 10089 was Hared and he was also outstanding.

One of my favorites. Shopping is good. Bought a suitcase and other items. Cruise secret. If you want cheap medicines, go to Pharmacy Express.

I don't like being out in the sun, so I just did some shopping. If you love sun and beautiful water, then this is your port.

(5.5)
Love Cozumel. If you travel with Norwegian, you will port downtown. If you want to shop and get some cheap Internet, head over to the "Mega" Store. Sort of like Walmart as they offer just about everything. You can get a soda with real sugar. Just ask any crew member where the Maga Store is. They will know.
Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews

Don't like being out in the sun. Just did some shopping. The water is beautiful however.
Read 1649 Roatan Reviews