Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by PKPRSPCJB

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by PKPRSPCJB
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: PKPRSPCJB
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        16+ 3.0

Fantastic Adventure on the Seas
We were traveling with my family and 13 others. This was a birthday cruise to celebrate my sons 16 th, my nieces 30th and 4 other relatives who turned 60. Our youngest traveler was 2. The oldest was 63. We also had travelers in their 20s.

Everyone loved this trip. The ship is very well maintained, inspite of what others have reported. You would not notice any wear and tear, unless you are used to only cruising on the newest and largest ships.

This was by far the easiest port to leave from. We have left from Tampa, Ft Lauderdale, and Miami. There was no comparison. First of all, there are absolutely no porters chasing you down for a mandatory"tip". They offered assistance in a polite and cheerful way. They appreciated any tip you gave them. There was no wait at all to board. We arrived at 12:30 and it was as if they were waiting for us! On board in less then 20 minutes. Our staterooms were ready as promised at 2pm. We had 2 interiors and one balcony for my family. They were all clean and well maintained. Al were on deck 9. Nine had flat screen televisions...big deal. I wasn't looking to cruise to watch TV. The mattresses were a bit firm for my liking, but it didn't stop us from collapsing after a busy day! We booked my time dining and had the best wait staff I have ever had. Ali was from India, and Eketerina was from Russia. They served us every night. The menu had a large selection, and the food was outstanding. I have been told this is a new menu. It far exceeded what we were served on Navigator 2 years ago.

I think the thing we noticed, and enjoyed most was the spectacular staff aboard this ship. They were always smiling, always offering assistance,and generally appeared to care about your comfort. I thought the crew on Navigator was often short with the passengers and appeared to be annoyed to be working.

The negative comments about the other passengers being "locals" was non existent on our cruise. I would guess the cruise was filled to capacity and that it was 70 percent English speaking US citizens. The rest comprised of Spanish speaking and some British folks. All lovely. I was soooo happy this was NOT a New York cruise. It was wonderful to hear and see other cultures vacationing along side each other.

The Ports were magnificent. We were dissapointed there weren't more free roaming monkeys at shipwreck Beach on St. Thomas as we had been told, but we managed to find a local resident on the beach thT had one and was happy to allow us to take photos...for a few bucks! The snorkeling was best off of a catamaran in Curacao. Highly recommend it. No comparison to beach snorkeling on St.Thomas.

We saw the ice show. If you have seen one before on board, no need to go again.

We ate dinner at Portofinos. Well worth the 20 dollars. Exceptional food, presentation and service.

We were sad to leave, but again, ere was absolutely no aggravation in doing so. Late flight? Stay on board until 10:30 or so without a problem, then simply walk off. Everyone else was gone, and outr luggage was sitting waiting for us! I remember on prior sailings, being yelled out over the cabin speakers for everyone to get off! Tis went on from 7:30am...NOT on ADVENTURE!

I don't know if it was the time of year that we traveled,Presidents Week,t I would go back on Adventure anytime, and will look to cruise out of PuertoRico anytime!!!!

Publication Date: 02/28/13