Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by luv4cruises: 1st Time Celebrity Cruise

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Southern Caribbean Cruises

1st Time Celebrity Cruise

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was my 22nd cruise on six cruise lines, first time on Celebrity. I had high expectations since this ship has consistently been in the top 10 for large ships. Ninety one percent of past cruisers love this ship.
I felt that I knew a lot about this ship before I boarded because of the Celebrity roll call, general message boards, and You Tube.

Overall it was a wonderful two weeks on a beautiful ship with a great itinerary!

There were lots of things I liked and some that can use some attention. I love cruising and believe that all the cruise lines I have been on have something good to offer.

I loved:

The interior beauty of the ship
The Beautiful Atrium, Original art work, glass elevators, library, inviting bars and gathering places.
The contrast of modern and traditional as seen in Michael's Club and Cellar Masters.
The wonderful itinerary! Bonaire should be a permanent port of call!
The great service of the cabin More stewards.
The best standard bathroom I have had.
The 2 production shows, the 3rd was more acrobatic than musical.
The juggler and Perry Grant!
The Ocean View Buffet menu and design, and the outdoor dining deck.
The Skyview lounge.
The music and dancing in the most beautiful atrium at sea.
The Molecular Bar.
The smoke-free casino, and smoke-free balconies
The welcome aboard champagne.

I was disappointed in:

The Main Dining Room- much too crowded and noisy - actually the worst dining experience I have had in 22 cruises on six different cruise lines.
I also found the menu limited and lacking in taste and presentation- very mediocre in my opinion.
Entertainment- only two musical production shows, and one comedian in 14 days are less than we have had on 7 day cruises.
The jogging track populated by lounge chairs, and the smoking area at the Mast Bar in a location where health conscious people are exercising!
Only one outdoor pool area, divided in two by a bridge separating the adult pool from the children's pool.
The Lawn Club that uses valuable outdoor space that most guests do not use.
The exterior design that has lifeboats jutting out and visible to almost all balcony guests when they look down. RCI got that right- all lifeboats are tucked in leaving unobstructed views from all balcony cabins.
The lack of a true promenade deck.

All in all a wonderful cruise, with a great itinerary! Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Deluxe Ocean View W/Veranda Continental Deck (6) 7275

Nicely decorated Life boats visible from balcony Lacks storage space, no shelves, small closet. Great bathroom, large shower and lots of storage. Good sized flat screen TV Phone with a clock