Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Aeeo: Another Awesome Trip with Carnival.

Aeeo
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Another Awesome Trip with Carnival.

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Loved the ship and the crew, Kudos to them. The ports choices, I would have liked one of the privately owned Cays instead.

The port is easy to get to and find, we stopped by to see the ship and get pictures before parking. I chose to park away from the port and arrived by shuttle. Our luggage was quickly taken and we were on our way in at 12:30 AM. Inside there was a short 5 minute wait to get through security. But the check-in was immediate and we were on the way to the ship with out any wait.

First stop, Mongolian Grill. Wow, I remember when the lines where short, but this was a popular place on the ship and the lines were normally long. Depending on the cook, the dishes were excellent. Ate on the back deck and waited for the rooms to be ready. While we waited for the rooms, we grabbed a pizza and it was up to par with Carnivals past cruises. Actually, I noticed they cooked them a little longer and the crust bubbled and the chesses slightly browned.... Loved More it! Some how found room for dessert and grabbed on of my favorite desserts, Vanilla Napoleon with Cherries.

The rooms were ready on time at 1 or 1:30 PM, we lost track of time enjoying the sun on the back deck. As we walked around the ship, the decor is pretty typical for a Fantasy Class Ship. I was surprise how well it was keep up, and the elevators worked just fine.

We had R1 a front starboard side room. It was a typical carnival room. However the beds slid apart every night, a first for me. We never said anything, so it may be our fault but I always thought they had something sticking them together. There is a crew access directly outside the door and had lots of traffic late at night. On occasions the room filled with smoke from the crew smoking outside on the front deck. However, I really like the bow of the ship, other then the occasional wave hitting the side, it allows you to know when you are in port as the thrusters kick on or shut off. Our room steward greeted us all the time and had our room cleaned and turned down while we were out. The rooms on the port side may be better.

We selected any time dining and arrived at 6:00 PM. We requested a table for 2 and were quickly seated in the 170's and were waited on quickly and had no trouble with the service. The food was excellent and cooked to exact specifications asked, we typically ate the Flat Iron Steak, Brisket, BBQ Ribs, Pork Chop, and best of all the lunch Mongolian Salad. For dessert we went through the typical Melting Cake, Grand Marnier, Carmel Flan, the Souffle, Black forest Cake. The service was so great we request the same section every night, the staff quickly called us my name, and remembered all our likes and dislikes.

We ate breakfast every day in the dinning room, it was very slow and seemed to be the assistant waiters training for head waiter jobs. But the eggs came out hot and perfect. Never once did we eat at a buffet. Oops well, we did get some rice and beans of Caribbean day, Not much flavor (not flavorless) but hit the spot with the roasted chicken and plantains.

I visited Freeport and Nassau before and did not have much to say about it the first time. However, Freeport now has placed a commercial area at the dock so if you did not want to go far for nick-knacks or get a quick drink or bite to eat on land at Senior frogs and some other smaller shacks. In Freeport we went to Deadman Reef, it was a nice place but had many additional fees unlike our normal all inclusive excursions we take. We arrived 1 hour before low tide and by then it was to shallow to snorkel. In Nassau we had nothing planned and jumped in a cab and took a two hour tour of the island. The driver recommend a place near the pier to eat, Sharkey's a little pricy but at ate some traditional Caribbean type food there. We stayed in port till 1 AM so I took Carnival's Sunset Catamaran Tour. It was two hours and not many people attended, it was nice to sit back and relax on a slow romantic ride around Paradise Island.

We only caught the comedy shows and the comedians did their same routine every time. Typically this is the highlight of our trip, but only could stand one night.

Disembarkation was a little slow. They only had one kiosk to check out at and took at least 20 minutes in line to get off the ship after we were called. After that customs was fast and we were on the way to the parking area. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation Interior Empress R1

Lots of crew traffic late at night, Smoke from the crew smoking outside on the front deck lofted into the cabin.