“Hit and miss”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I sailed with our two boys, ages 3 and 7 months. We booked the family suite as a splurge so we'd have a separate bedroom for the boys to use for naps. The good: * The room was very large and had a nice balcony. * The nursery was excellent for our infant. The staff there was great. * Our toddler enjoyed the Adventure Club, but the staff in the 3-5 year section didn't seem to know how to handle an energetic toddler. I was hoping they'd be more like the pre-school we use: If he's doing something wrong, correct him and make him stop, but I don't want to hear about it unless somebody gets hurt. * The food was overall pretty good. * The itinerary was fine. * Very good ice show for the kids. The bad: * We had a few cases of bad service. About 80% of the staff really tries hard and the other 20% just don't care. I understand if there's a problem but I expect the staff to try hard to make it right, not argue with me. * The pools are useless for toddlers. They have a small ledge and then go directly to 4-5 feet. * The sports deck is likewise only for older kids. * The crib for our baby was not set up for a few hours after we boarded, and he needed a nap! * The laundry special is useless. They pick up on day 4 and deliver on day 7. Worthless. * The hours for the nursery and toddler club don't line up well with the shore leaves and dinner hours.
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Mariner of the Seas Review
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?