Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by colorado_dad_of_two: Hit and miss
Member Since 2013
Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises
Hit and miss
My wife and I sailed with our two boys, ages 3 and 7 months. We booked the family suite as a splurge so we'd have a separate bedroom for the boys to use for naps.
* The room was very large and had a nice balcony.
* The nursery was excellent for our infant. The staff there was great.
* Our toddler enjoyed the Adventure Club, but the staff in the 3-5 year section didn't seem to know how to handle an energetic toddler. I was hoping they'd be more like the pre-school we use: If he's doing something wrong, correct him and make him stop, but I don't want to hear about it unless somebody gets hurt.
* The food was overall pretty good.
* The itinerary was fine.
* Very good ice show for the kids.
* We had a few cases of bad service. About 80% of the staff really tries hard and the other 20% just don't care. I understand if there's a problem but I expect the staff to try hard to make it right, not argue with me.
* The pools More are useless for toddlers. They have a small ledge and then go directly to 4-5 feet.
* The sports deck is likewise only for older kids.
* The crib for our baby was not set up for a few hours after we boarded, and he needed a nap!
* The laundry special is useless. They pick up on day 4 and deliver on day 7. Worthless.
* The hours for the nursery and toddler club don't line up well with the shore leaves and dinner hours. Less
Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Royal Family Suite Deck 8 9694
Flagship showing a few flaws
Bigger ship with more rooms an...
Not what we expected
Not as good as last years crui...
RC standard has dropped dramat...
RC focuses on the Chinese mark...