Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by colorado_dad_of_two

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by colorado_dad_of_two
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: colorado_dad_of_two
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: FS
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        Under 3 5.0
        3-6 3.0

Hit and miss
My wife and I sailed with our two boys, ages 3 and 7 months. We booked the family suite as a splurge so we'd have a separate bedroom for the boys to use for naps.

The good:

* The room was very large and had a nice balcony.

* The nursery was excellent for our infant. The staff there was great.

* Our toddler enjoyed the Adventure Club, but the staff in the 3-5 year section didn't seem to know how to handle an energetic toddler. I was hoping they'd be more like the pre-school we use: If he's doing something wrong, correct him and make him stop, but I don't want to hear about it unless somebody gets hurt.

* The food was overall pretty good.

* The itinerary was fine.

* Very good ice show for the kids.

The bad:

* We had a few cases of bad service. About 80% of the staff really tries hard and the other 20% just don't care. I understand if there's a problem but I expect the staff to try hard to make it right, not argue with me.

* The pools are useless for toddlers. They have a small ledge and then go directly to 4-5 feet.

* The sports deck is likewise only for older kids.

* The crib for our baby was not set up for a few hours after we boarded, and he needed a nap!

* The laundry special is useless. They pick up on day 4 and deliver on day 7. Worthless.

* The hours for the nursery and toddler club don't line up well with the shore leaves and dinner hours.

Publication Date: 02/28/13