Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by MarkH1278: Perfect Vacation

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Perfect Vacation

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

The only part of the cruise that was a negative was the check-in. When providing the documents at ticket counter, the lady seemed to have no clue on reading a foreign passport (my wife has a UK passport). Took about 10-15 minutes just at the counter. Once that was done, the rest of the cruise was a dream vacation. We dined in 3 of the specialty dining rooms. Cagney's steakhouse was a favorite. We required a gluten free diet and we were amazed at how the staff accommodates to that. Basically, the night before next dinner, you ask your waiter to get a menu from the next dining room you plan on dining in the next night. You pick food off the regular menu and the chief makes the meal gluten free. No special menu for gluten free, they make it how you need it. That was unreal. Everyone seemed to understand and we educated on gluten free diets.

He ship was beautiful and food was very good compared to another cruise lines we have traveled on in the past. Most of the More travelers were middle aged and I didn't see to many children on this cruise.

Our stateroom steward was exceptional. Can't say enough about him, room was always clean and he was very friendly. Didn't like the onboard shows much and the leg room in the theater was terrible. I think that is the only bad thing besides the problem at check-in. Hats off to Oliver and Iulia (two of the Maitre D's).

Can't wait for the next cruise! Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eight 9572

Cabin as a balcony room with plenty of room for 2. Small balcony but we didn't mind. Loved the room. Bathroom you plenty large enough too. Room had plenty of storage places. Big closet and even a small fridge.

Went on the island getaway excursion. You a tendered to the island which takes about 20 minutes (get on the tender last so you can sit in rear of boat and enjoy the ride...it's a covered boat and can be a bit claustrophobic). Bannister Island is a small island and had a bar and offers food. They have music but you can't hear it unless you are in the bar, At one point they turned it off and I asked to have it turned back on. It just didn't seem as fun as it could have been. There are floats/beach chair foam things to relax on but were pretty tore up. You can kayak from the island across to some mangroves...if the current is up, you will have to work to get back. I got a bucket of local beer (6 beers) from the bar and it was about $30. Wear water shoes when swimming as the bottom is coarse and can also feel like soggy clay.

Beach Break

(5.5)
Beach day! Had a great time here. Long bus ride (about 40 minutes). When we arrived it was like a different world! The beach was amazing and had an open bar. Kayaks were available and free. There was music and even covered massage tables on the beach. Cost for a massage was $30 per half hour but what an experience! There are plenty of comfortable lounge chairs and lots of places in the shade if you like. Will do this again one day!

Basically did shopping here and visited the Diamonds international store. Nothing special there. I bought a ring and thought it was a good deal, ended up I had it checked when I returned to the states. I didnt lose but no gain either. Would have paid same on US. Visited Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. Had live music and sat at bar outside in the back of restaurant. Had tequila jello shots that were molded in a orange skin. Had lots of water toys in back for the kids (climbing wall, trampoline, and a few others) all floating on the water. Nice atmosphere.
Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
Went on the Tabyana beach excursion. After a 20 min bus ride, we arrived at the beach area. There is a small shop and lockers at $3 each to place your valuables in. The beach is large and lots of places under shade if you like. There is staff that watch your belongings and I saw some security guys tell others to leave the area if you didn't have a special arm band on (that was a good thing as you have this special band). Snorkeling was the best ever. I later learned that the reef system in Honduras is 2nd largest in world. It was unreal!!! You can rent snorkeling gear for $10 for all day. There is beach food and a live band also. Have the best time ever and will be doing this again one day.
Read 1651 Roatan Reviews