Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by dadbflo

Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 4C
Cabin Number: m-121
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        13-15 3.0

never on Carnival Again
My family and I have sailed 9 previous times on different cruise lines and enjoyed them all, this was our 10th cruise and we were extremely disappointed. We booked Carnival because of price, and time of sailing which fit our needs and we heard from others that carnival was a good cruise line, unfortunately we found out different.

First some of the good: Embarkation was very good,as was the debarkation from the ship. The food at the buffet was adequate, and the pizza on board was very good, rooms were adequate in size, ship was well appointed and clean,the mini golf was nice and it was free which was a plus. however this was all that was good, Now for the bad: Customer service on board was very poor. As I do not drink and my daughter is only 14 her and I purchased the all you can drink soda plan (bottomless bubbles) Every time I ordered a Sprit from any of the wait staff I was treated very poorly and slowly, I think my average wait time for a soda was around 8-10 minutes, the wait staff was more interested in serving alcohol so that they could get there tips, on our last day at sea a waiter was trying to force a bucket of beer on me saying that I order it, as I said I do not drink and I did not order beer, he than took away the beer in a huff and did not bring me a soda.

The food in the main dining room was awful, fish that wasn't cooked well, the flat iron steak was over cooked and tough, the prime rib was undercooked (RED) , the beef tenderloins tasted like pot roast and was extremely tough, meals were not eaten, sent back and of very poor quality, the waiters were very upset at our table and were telling us that the food was good, not very professional.

Entertainment on the ship was very poor also, they had two comedians who were never heard of, the main shows lasted all of 30 minutes and the highlights of the show were the cruise director, Steve Cassel, who played the fiddle one night, which by the way he was very good at, and another night he juggled.Yes these were the highlights of the entertainment, No broadway style productions like on all the other cruise we sailed.

I also feel that everything on board was very expensive, my wife had a cocktail at the bar which was $8.95, shore excursions were expensive and everything in the gift shops from souvenirs to jewelry was costly. yes the cruise itself was priced right but the cruise line nickel and dimes you once aboard.

Speaking of shore excursions, we only did the turtle farm in Grand Cayman, it was nice but again I feel overpriced.

I felt that after the Carnival Triumph disaster that the crew on this ship would be more caring towards there guest, but I think they were more concerned with themselves than the guest.

After taking this cruise, Carnival makes NCL look like a 5 star cruise line, My family and myself will probably never sail Carnival again.

Publication Date: 02/28/13