Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by lynnmarie1513

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by lynnmarie1513
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: lynnmarie1513
Cruise Date: February 2013
Cabin Category: 4I
Cabin Number: M162
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Good time on an old boat
This was my first cruise as an adult and I have to say I was underwhelmed by the boat itself. there were only 12 decks and I felt that the boat was very small with few options of night time entertainment. The main night time activity was a bar called illusions. This was a great place to hang out and dance but they tried to schedule different theme nights that just didn't happen. For example, on 80s night they got a great crowd that brought in some of the older members of the cruise and yet they never played a SINGLE 80s song. I enjoy the club music just as much as the next lady but I think they could have diversified the play list night to night to bring in different people and change the mood. Also, they could smoke in the bar which was awful for me and my friend since she is allergic to cig smoke and I lose my voice if I spend too much time around it. I know it sounds like I am complaining a lot but we spent every night there so it could not be that bad!

The food on the boat was only so so. They did not really understand Italian food at all. The Pizza was like cardboard warmed up and the other Italian food from the dining room was overly salted and not very good. They had some healthy options which were ok but all in all nothing really special.

Otherwise, we made some great friends and had a very memorable time. We were always able to find space away from the hoards of children and young families. The kids were managed very well, you barely noticed them on the boat if you didn't want to.

All in all I would recommend this ship but with lessened expectations. They show it as a very large and glamorous place but it really felt more like a small boat from the 90s.

Publication Date: 02/28/13