Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by fairstar1995

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by fairstar1995
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: fairstar1995
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        10-12 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Amazing Ship
From the outset we were impressed. Our check in time was 1pm but arrived at 12pm.We were sitting at the Windjammer having lunch at 12.30pm

I will start by talking about the size of the Voyager..Massive...

9 nights and did not see all of her..Hence the re booking for October this year..

There is so much going on it is hard to pick any one thing to do. The Royal promenade is a thing of beauty with all the shops pubs etc..

I was impressed with the food..after all the negative comments I read before the cruise I was worried that I would not be happy with the selection.

Windjammer/Island Grill was great...Breakfast was the same everyday but a huge variety to choose from.

Portofino was the highlight for me..WOW..

Johnny Rockets..I only made 1 visit as $4.95 all you can eat nearly ended my days on earth.

The room was great and having a balcony for the first time made it all that better..Room attendant Daniel was a sensation..Nothing was too hard for him Thank You.

Now the entertainment..It lets the ship down with the quality of the performers...(Ice skating excepted)...AMAZING...But for the singers you need to seek a new career path...

I heard that the Cruise Director for this Australian season was a gentleman by the name of Gordon...I believe he was the star of this line..Pity he went on leave before my cruise because we ended up with the most annoying Brit called Graham Seymour...(Wantabee Comedian)..I hope you are gone before I return.

3400 people on board and never felt crowded,,always got a sun lounge and never had to look for seating in the restaurants...

Overall all I would like to suggest is when it gets a face lift in 2014 is a few things.

More espresso coffee locations.Aussies love espresso coffee..

Outdoor TV screen.

Better performers

Loose the high end shops like Coach and the Watch shop...price range was $3500-$22000..You would do alot better expanding the general store and the souvenir stuff so you don't get crushed everytime you go to buy in those small shops.

To the staff...

When it was announced that we would be overnighting in Noumea and missing Fiji I went down to Customer services and just watch you guys get hammered buy the masses with very poor attitudes....You guys handled yourselves with real professionalism and should be proud.

All the crew that I had dealings with were awesome.

I will be on the Reposition cruise back from Singapore in October and cant wait to do it again.

Publication Date: 02/28/13