Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by michellejed: Cold! But still mannaged to have a good time!

michellejed
Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Cold! But still mannaged to have a good time!

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

This was a family cruise and our first out of Charleston. We had 7 first time cruisers and 5 repeaters.

Embarkation was fast and easy, on the ship in no time and off to drop off our luggage in our cabins then some lunch.

Muster drill was different, we all had to meet in various bars then taken to the actual muster stations. I have always just gone to the muster station to begin with. Not sure why they did it this way, seems like a waste of time.

Sail away was a bit chilly and of course no horn blowing in Charleston but still fun to watch as we went out of the harbor.

Food...We ate in the MDR every night, table for 12 and early seating. Food was hit or miss. Some times cold and blah tasting but you could always find some thing you liked.We felt rushed every night and some times we didn't all get our ordered coffee and desserts.Buffet was generally good and deli, sushi,pizza, wok and grill all on par. Room service was hit or miss.

Shows.....The More Motown was fun but the rest were a bit boring, comedy club was just OK, had 5 shows at night, 2 family and 3 adult. Had the usual sales pitch for Carnival sponsored stores and of course the $10 sale but in a bad location, blocked the entrance to the main lounge.

Ports of call... Nassau and Freeport, did a walking tour on Nassau and some did a bus tour. Tried the Fish Fry, very good but expensive! Freeport we did an ATV tour. it was raining when we got there so ours was grouped with another tour for later in the day. It was so much fun and would do it again.

Sea days... first one was OK, not bad weather but not the best. Plenty of things to do. The second sea day was freezing!! No outside activities but I did go to Serenity and sit in the hot tub for a few hours(was the warmest place on the ship)!

Debarkation was smooth and fast no real problems.If you are having family or a cab pick you up then you have a little hike to get to that area with all your luggage.

Just some FYI... The Fantasy does not have heat, fridges or hair
dryers in the room, you can get a hair dryer from the room steward and extra blankets. I used a 3 prong plug in my room but in my sons room it would not fit.

I don't think I would cruise out of Charleston in the colder months, this may have been a fluke for cold but I much prefer warm sun!!

The Fantasy over all is a nice ship and I like the layout. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy M21

room M21 porthole room, just right for 2 people. Some noise but very windy and rough seas contributed to it.