Good not Grand: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Dragobert
Overall Member Rating
Good not Grand
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
First, the positives :
- if you are looking for a relatively peaceful, semi-formal cruise with a predominantly older crowd ( in our 50's, we were easily on the youger half ), you might consider it,
- staff leave you pretty much alone ( see negatives), guests pleasant and well behaved,
- new boat, not a full boat ("where is everyone " confirmed by crew)
- fitness center, RCs seemed bigger and we did not have to wait for equipment
- " celebrity select" dining option.
Areas that were adequate, but where IMHO Royal Caribbean did better:
- food quality and selection, both in formal dining and self serve dining
- general cleanliness of the boat - from table busing to sun deck trash More and towels - surprising, Who was in charge of keeping things picked up?
- activities: shipboard and adventures; we do recommend the bike tours and the snorkel in St. Kitts, there are no reefs in St. Martin so snorkeling was a waste of time
- staff on the whole seemed lackluster, unenthusiastic, and absent when needed (related to not a full boat?), with the exception of the two lead female singers(great Madonna/GaGa piece) the show resembled the Zumba class
Areas Celebrity should consider changing:
- lose most if not all the grass - wasted space, messy; try another pool & hot tubs, sun space, activity space
- basketball court in the bow next to the sun deck? Lost half the sun deck since no one could sit close to the racket
- musac? Lose it or pick real music and turn it way down Less
Cabin review: OV
Port and Shore Excursions
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Reflection Review >>
Great Ship. Great Cruise. Grea...
Relaxing, seemed like a brand ...
Not the best cruise
Excellent ship and service!
After 17 cruises...this one wa...
Not Bad - Nothing Special