Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by ritz1030

Member Name: ritz1030
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
        3-6 3.0

First Time Cruiser: Impressed
The Equinox is an elegant ship. Service was fantastic: bartenders, cleaning crew, shop girls, entertainment personel, officers, everyone says hello and smiles. The decor of all the areas is impressive. The comfort of the seating areas is very good. The food in MDR, called the Sihloette, is very good. I would give it 4 1/2 stars, on choices, taste and service. The buffet for breakfast is great, for lunch, I preferred to just have the in room food, unless i wanted pizza from the buffet. I would find a table first and put some rolled up napkin and a drink so I would have somewhere to sit when i came back with my food.

The musical entertainment was top notch, the solo guitarist and the string trio were my faves and played everyday, different times of the day. The theater shows were good, loved the comedians, British singer, and the pianist. I took 3 dance classes, they were good, would have taken more but the others were on the pool deck and it was just too hot to be out there. I joined some trivia games in the bar areas, that was fun. I was with a group of 10, where half didnt speak english, so I felt that there should have been more activities where language wasnt a barrier. Perhaps a painting class, or archery. I joined bingo at 20 dollars for 4 games, that was ok. I really enjoyed the hot glass show, lots of explanations, however i ran out of things to do and saw the show 3 times (2 hrs). Being from Florida, I really didnt care to lay out for sun rays, so I kept looking for more things to do. Casino slots were so tight. Being in my late thirties, I felt the cruise was geared towards people over sixty and sun worshipers. Oh, I didnt join the excusions onboard bc they were too expensive, I hired a driver for 10 and took city tours for less than half the ship price. I felt Cartagena was the best stop, beautiful clean city both old and new section. I gained about 7 pounds on this trip. Just to let you know the pastries and tea time sandwiches at Cafe el Baccio are free, dont need to buy coffee to have them. The Crepe place was very good. The Londbroil panini was superb. Before I forget the art auction staff were good, friendly and a joy to speak with.

Publication Date: 02/24/13