Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by thomsonfirsttimer

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by thomsonfirsttimer
Thomson Celebration
Thomson Celebration
Member Name: thomsonfirsttimer
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Safaga
Destination: Middle East
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
        7-9 4.0

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Celebration Goes Platinum - The Story So Far
Hi folks - We just got back from the Celebration yesterday - had a great time. We'd been on her twice before so we could see what had and had not changed.

Hemmingways looked the most different for me. All new furniture and carpets and a nice bookshelf type thing at the left hand end (near the casino) which looked nice but wasn't practical (it wasn't an extension of the library ). Meridian has new carpets and furniture but ceiling and lighting were the same. Same with the Broadway Show Lounge. Horizons didn't looked like it had been touched but I liked it the way it was so no worries there. The Lido restaurant also has new carpets and furniture. The Terrace Grill behind the lido near the pool has also been refitted and has new chairs and tables and some low soft seating. The sunbeds in this area still looked like the old blue canvas ones. I don't think any major cabin refurb was going on whilst we were onboard. The ship was pretty full I think as it is half term. As we left on Thursday though they were already sectioning off corridors and ripping soft furnishings out of cabins so they are cracking on with it. I thought maybe they were working from top to bottom on the cabins on the refurn but that was not the case. I saw cabins on 7 and 8 which had been 'done' but others which had not. Similarly we were on deck 1 and some cabins had been completed and others not. I did have a peek inside the refurbed cabins. New carpets, curtains and bedding are the order of the day but the furniture/wardrobes seemed to be the same (our wardrobes in our cabin - non refurbed - looked in good nick). I would have really liked to have a look at the bathrooms in the platinum cabins but didn't have the nerve to step over the threshold. My husband went up to the sports deck where they are storing ripped out stuff and he said there were a few bathtubs but certainly not the amount of ripped out sanitary ware he would have expected. If anyone has any updates re the refurbed bathrooms they could post in a review that would be great. The gym, spa and kids club all looked the same to me (we used all three).

Service as always was great. The entertainment was also very good and the UK guest act, Manuel Martinez was really fun (he's a comedy magician).

Looking forward to travelling on the Celebration again soon!

Rachael

Publication Date: 02/28/13
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Middle East Cruise Reviews