Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by hichelle: 2/9/13 Celebrity Cruise

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

2/9/13 Celebrity Cruise

Sail Date: February 2013

I booked my cruise back in May, 2012. The price didn't really go down between that time and departure. I also purchased Allianz Insurance. I'm from New England and winter weather is very changeable. This was 2nd cruise for my mid 20's daughter and I. We had enjoyable Bahamas cruise on Norwegian Sky last year.

We ended up getting Northeaster 2 days before cruise. Luckily Delta was able to fly us out on Friday before they closed Boston's Logan airport. We had an unexpected Miami hotel stay but were glad to be rested and on ship early. We used hotels transfer. Boarding was hassle free since we did everything online. We were able to go right to nice buffet and relax by pools. Our rooms were ready approximately 2pm with luggage arriving later. The layout of ship was very nice. We especially loved the solarium with adult thalassotherapy pool. Neither of us wanted a cruise full of kids - leave that to Carnival or Disney.

Celebrity exceeded our expectations. We liked the More staff, stateroom, entertainment and variety of areas on ship - the library and gym were nice. Spa was too expensive. The pools and hot tubs were clean and so was the restaurants and staterooms. Neither of us felt the need to pay extra for the specialty restaurants and were quite happy with buffet selections along with pizzeria, panini, and Aqua spa selections plus delicious selection of ice cream, yogurt and sorbet daily. This was very popular with passengers. My daughter is vegetarian (not vegan) and doesn't care for Indian food. The dining director was very accommodating. There was plenty of towel stations and seating. I don't think our cruise had fully booked up. There were lots of quiet areas too. To read, relax and just find your own quiet nook.

The meals in dining room were very nice too with plenty of selection attentive staff and gourmet desserts. We did eat 1 night at Crepes place and it was awesome. $5 for 3 courses soup or salad, entree and dessert. Plus they're made right in front of you. They also have Gelataira/Coffee bar which we didn't utilize with shops, casino and art gallery. We enjoyed Cellar Master and enjoyed glasses of wine that were 1/2 off last 3 nights of cruise. We enjoyed piano bar and dancing to techno/percussion and also 70's band. There was a magic show which we didn't attend but last night variety show with singing/dancing/comedy. There was 1 formal night and the rest smart casual. The general population was late 20's - 90's. Again saw very few children which was fine with us. Glad we went with Celebrity and would cruise with them again. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>