Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by therbst

Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: Bal
Value-for-Money 5+

Don't believe the complainers
I have not written a review for quite awhile now - not since I was new to cruising and there weren't many reviews on Cruise Critic. Most of the reviews I've read here over the past few years have seemed fairly accurate, if a little harsh at times. I've decided to write again because of some of those very negative reviews about the Breeze.

I've done about 25 cruises, 10 of them with Carnival. Celebrity is still my favorite line simply because they don't allow smoking on balconies, and I like to leave my balcony door open pretty much all the time, day and night, to enjoy the sea breeze and the sounds of the water. If you are one of those people intent on polluting the air you and others breathe, I hope you'll heed the negative reviews here and stay away from the Breeze because it is one of the few ships I have been on which I intend to return to in the future.

The rest of you should know that the people who have criticized the Breeze for all sorts of terrible flaws probably, like me and my anti-balcony-smoking agenda, have a purpose for dissuading people from sailing on Carnival.

The cabin attendants and dining room servers I encountered were always warm and friendly, and always working - but then, I've never in my life seen any individual work as hard as the folks work on cruise ships.

The Breeze, as big as it was, was the first ship I've been on where finding a place to sit in the buffet was never a problem. In fact, I just about never had to wait in line for anything.

With the wok, the burrito place, the barbecue, and all sorts of other food venues, my wife and I ate far more than we should have, and we enjoyed every bit of it.

I'm and old guy, and the song and dance shows were louder than I might have liked - and, of course the audio was "enhanced", but the energy and high tech video projections were impressive. The piano guy and other entertainers around the ship all seemed a step above what we've seen on other ships.

I just wanted to address a few of the complaints I've seen in other reviews of the Breeze which seem to me to be wholly unjustified. Overall, I think the Breeze is a fine example of Carnival's determined effort to provide a first class product at a reasonable price.

Publication Date: 02/28/13