Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by iluv2kruz: Constellation - Northern Europe

iluv2kruz

Constellation - Northern Europe

Sail Date: June 2005
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Dover

My husband and I along with our two teenagers went on the Constellation and basically had a fantastic cruise. I will make it simple to see our likes and dislikes.

Likes.... 1. Our room was absolutely fantastic. Corner FV room. Because of a little bit of noise from the 10th deck I would choose deck 8 not 9. Lots of space. 2 TVs and 2 VCR's. Newton our room steward was great. Balcony is to die for.

2. The itinerary was awesome. Make plans for Russia with Red October and Make plans for Germany going to Berlin. Other than that plan as you go. One thing I would have done differently was to get a driver to take us into the country in Finland instead of staying in the city. There are free shuttles at every other port if needed. We used th public bikes in Copenhagen and that was a lot of fun.

3. It was fun using all of the different currency. You can usually get it on the ship. Or use a debit card at an ATM for your best rate since your cc cards charge at least More 3%. The ship's bank has a good exchange rate for most ports.

4. The food was good but we all got tired of it after two weeks. Pizza was good and there was soft serve ice cream often. I had the beef every night and it was very good.

Dislikes...

1. No self serve laundry. After being gone for a few days before even getting on the ship I was ready to do some laundry. We washed things out by hand and hung them on a rope in our stateroom. We had some washed by the ship but it is soooo expensive.

2. The movies in the cinema were awful and not family oriented at all. Most of the mature adults did not like them either. They were French movies. Weird and vulgar.

3. Bring your own blow dryer. These are sorry excuses for a blow dryer.

4. The movies in the room were played over and over and the other series shows were played over and over. The cruise line with the worst in stateroom TV service and selection is Celebrity.

5. You do not have a casual buffet at dinner time. There should be a buffet if you don't want to go to the fine dining or you don't want pizza or pasta for the hundredth time.

Overall... As I said we had a fantastic cruise. I would have to say that it was mainly because of the itinerary. Service was good. Our room was great. The ship was very clean. (But there were many people sick on our cruise.) We are in our 40s and we were half the age of most passengers. But this made it a quiet ship and not many kids. There were only 37 teenagers but our teens just found a few friends to hang out with and they were very happy.

Give yourself some adjustment time to get used to the time change. We did not and saw London while very tired. My favorite port was Tallinn Estonia. My husband and I got a massage at a little place called Basils along 30 minute back massage for $25. It was very nice. Tallinn is a neat place to walk around and explore. Our guide for the day in Poland was great also. His name is Stanisfaw Hon. We were one of the first groups off of the ship and he showed us around for the whole day for 120 USD. Russia is fascinating. Learn as much as you can If you have a tour set up for yourself for Russia go ahead and get off the ship when you want. They try to tell you to wait until their tours go but we walked from our room and on down and just said we had a tour waiting for us and they let us go. Our guide with Red October was a lady named Nina and she was the best . I would highly recommend her. We also had lunch with a Russian family at an extra charge and it was one of the highlights of the cruise. HAPPY CRUISING.....SEE NEW PLACES........MEET NEW PEOPLE. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Vista Deck (7) 9156