Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by tocruisealong

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by tocruisealong
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: tocruisealong
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: OS
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Never this ship again
Embarkation very quick and easy, we did arrive later as have learned from previous cruises there can be a lot of waiting around, this still happened!! unfortunately we arrived as they were having the safety drill and we had to wait for this to finish before we could board, no problem chairs were brought out and we waited, but the disappointed started, no embarkation photo as they decided to pack this away and as this was a cruise with my husband and 86 year father this was the photo I wanted.

Our stateroom, a junior suite at the aft of the ship, a place we always choose, was perfect, the room lovely, although not bigger (if it was) than a balcony, the bathroom quite small had a shower over a bath, why anyone would need a bath on a cruise amazes me, balcony a great size.

The ship is very big and full of glass around the middle of ship and all open, I was aware of this and the glass elevators, but as a am not good with heights and edges this was all too much for me, there were two enclosed elevators which I always used, I am not good with stairs with gaps either, I can do two floors up, down is okay, therefore I was unable to do a lot on the ship on my own, my husband would be with 99% of time to get to places, I only went to deck 14 once and stood in same place the time I was there, I have cruised three times previously and after a day or two I am fine to do my own thing, not this time, too much glass and edges in the inside of ship.

This cruise was booked as school in all states of Australia was back, what a surprise, a schoolyard of children from babes in prams and arms to teenagers, my husband and I have never been a cruise with so many children, if prams weren't cramming the elevators then children were riding the elevators and running riot in the passage ways or screaming on the pooldeck, and believe me we were not the only people to comment on the amount of children, school back a couple of weeks and children alread on holiday!!! what do teachers have to complain about??? but they do!!!

All in all this was a most disappointing cruise and I haven't even mentioned that we stayed overnight in Noumea and missed Fiji because of an apparent electrical fault and cruised back to Sydney at 8 knots!!! I guess that is another story.

Food was good, service good, bar service poor shows poor, communication poor, never ever again Voyager of Seas

Publication Date: 02/23/13