Celebrity Reflection 5

catgirl398
Member Since 2012
116 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was not our first cruise on Celebrity. We hold them to a very high standard and they seldom disappoint. I must say that they exceeded our expectations on this cruise.

Embarkation was speedy as is the norm. The rooms would be ready around 1pm and the buffet of course was ready to go. Lots of fresh made to order options which we appreciate. The Sunset Bar on the Reflection was more comfortable than on some of the sister ships. Lots of comfortable seating, a great space and a busy, friendly bar.

Last minute we booked a balcony "guarantee" and got a 2C...somewhat obstructed. This is one area I wish the Captain's Club mattered. We are Elite in status and if they put a little thought into it, perhaps we might have been berthed into a better category. Not really complaining though. The room inside was very comfortable. Our stateroom attendant Roman and his assistant Reynaldo were amazing, friendly and took very good care of us and any special requests we More made.

Overall the waitstaff was very friendly and attentive which is what one expects on a Celebrity ship. I might mark down the gals at the Molecular Bar for being a little stiff and "sour pusses" but it didn't ruin my amazing vacation.

I must give the Reflection high marks for entertainment. The shows in the theater were terrific, but so was the entertainers all over the ship. The party band was a favorite for everyone.

The Captain and his staff were very visible, friendly and engaged in several activities with the guests.

Dining overall was quite good. The dining room meals may not be as great as years past, but still very good. We ate in the specialty restaurants Murano and Tuscan Grill and were very pleased.

It was as perfect a cruise as I've ever experienced. Less

Celebrity Reflection Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2C

2C6286
Obstruction to viewing pretty extensive at the balcony.

So easy to do on your own. We walked to El Morro. Amazing history and beautiful views. Stopped in a pub for a local beer. Shopped.
Read 2233 San Juan Reviews

We knew in advance we would find our way to Maho beach to see the planes land. It was laugh out loud funny. I would do this again. The Sunset Bar there is not bad though a little expensive for drinks. Had a delicious pizza there. St Maarten is another easy port. You can just take a water taxi to shop on the Dutch side in downtown Phillipsburg with lots of shops and restaurants.

Beautiful scenery. Lots of shopping if that's what you want to do. We stopped into a local place Jen's for a beer and a bite. Friendly American owners there. Then we took a tour in an open van. Too much driving for so little to see. Went to the "mountain top". The view is beautiful. Shopping just a bunch of made in Asia junk.
Read 3389 St. Thomas Reviews

Published 02/22/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?