Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by bcmiami

Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: C101
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

A great cruise
We signed up for this cruise less than a month before the cruise left Fort Lauderdale. Our travel agent, Avoya, (the first time we have used them) did not give us the correct information & therefore we had some surprises when we boarded.

We had a guaranteed balcony cabin rate rather than specifying a cabin when we booked because it saved us a couple of hundred dollars. I don't think I'll do that again! We had what I considered the worst cabin location in the class, the cabin closest to the bow of the ship. That meant long walks(this is a huge ship) every time we had to go to or leave our cabin. It also meant that our balcony was only partially covered.

The food was not spectacular. It was not even as good as the best ships on which we sailed previously. It was OK. The pizza was excellent, the burgers were very good. The specialty restaurants were sold out before we could make our reservations.

OK that's it on the bad part of the cruise!

We had visited Curacao & Aruba before so we knew what we wanted to do ashore. We did it & enjoyed it.

From the time we embarked to the time we disembarked we had the finest service we have ever had on any of our 11 previous cruises. From the staff that emptied the trash to the Captain, everyone went out of their way to be sure we had a great experience.

Our cabin steward was there every time we needed him. The cabin was made up promptly every day. We asked for extra towels when we saw him for the first time & never had to ask again.

On the Lido Deck, the waiters went out of their way to get my wife the special tea from the specialty area by the dining room.

The Maitre 'D in the dining room made sure that I had my food prepared so that it did not create allergy problems for me. Our bartenders (yes we had one particular bar that we really enjoyed)had fabulous senses of humor & prepared our drinks just as we enjoyed them.

To me, this service is much more important than having food that is only OK. That's what made this cruise so wonderful. We had superb service, met nice people & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

I am planning our next cruise - probably for our anniversary - & it will be on Princess again in all likelihood.

Publication Date: 02/24/13