Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by ragincajun06

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

BEST CRUISE EVER!!!
First of all, don't believe all of the negative things that you read about the Breeze. The ship was awesome!!! It is very well laid out and it never seemed like there were 4500 people on board...well maybe when we were getting off in Jamaica, but only because customs made us wait to dock and everyone was ready to get off.

This was a family cruise for us, we had 16 people total in our group. Every single one of us was not ready for the cruise to end and are already talking about going back next year! My husband and I had been reading all of the reviews for about 2 months before the cruise and were a little weary after reading all of the negative reviews. Here's what we thought...Embarkation was super easy. We got to the port around 11:30 and I had the drink of the day and a guys burger in my hand no later than 12:30. We went to the Red Frog Pub the first night and if it weren't for our stops, we probably would have never left!! Timmy the guitar guy was GREAT, really good and funny as well. After that first night, GlenRoy (our waiter at the Red Frog) knew us by name and knew what we wanted to drink. I don't think we ever had to give our sign and sail card more than once! p.s. Caribbean Coladas and Painkillers are AWESOME!! So were the grouper fingers...

We had just as much fun on the water slides and ropes course as all of the kids on the ship! One thing that we had read was that the pools were too small for the ship and I do agree with that, seemed like they were mainly for the kids, but, we don't usually get in the pools on the ships anyway, so it didn't bother us. We didn't get a chance to play putt-putt, which I love, but we just never got around to it. There was so much to do on this ship and not enough time to do it all!

Shows are not really our thing, so we didn't go to any of them, but my sister said the ones on previous cruises were better. We did go to the comedy club twice, and if you don't get there early and literally RUN to a seat, you won't get in. The comedians were funny, so it was worth the mad dash to the seats! The 5-D theater was fun too, we did the adventure rides show, I think my husband laughed at me more than the actual show!!

As for food, Guy's burgers and the Blue Iguana breakfast burritos were EXCELLENT, had them just about every day. As for the food in the dining room, it was good, but not great. Not bad enough to complain about anyway. Our waiters were friendly and efficient and we thought it was hilarious when they did the Gangman Style dance! The singing waiter was pretty awesome as well. We didn't do the buffets too much, so I really can't comment on that...most of the time we had a burger or some of the appetizers from the Red Frog.

For all of the reviews saying how unfriendly the staff was...were yall on the right boat??? EVERYONE we encountered made eye contact and said Hello. I'm guessing those people are just unfriendly themselves! We had Sergio, the best room steward ever! He knew our names after the first time he met us and every morning when we walked out of our room, he would tell us where the rest of our family was (if they were still in the room or if they had already gone on deck.) I have no idea how he can remember every one's name so quickly. He also made the best towel animals and used our Mardi Gras masks and hat that we got at one of the deck parties on our animals!

There is so much more about the Breeze that we enjoyed, but I don't think I would have enough room to write about all of it. Overall, this was a GREAT cruise and I would go back in a heartbeat! I also think that any cruise is what you make of it, so if you start off with a bad taste in your mouth, you will find any little thing to complain about. We went with an open mind and had a blast! Hopefully you will too :)

Publication Date: 02/24/13