Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by 2Danish: Hard to start at the top???

2Danish
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Hard to start at the top???

Sail Date: February 2013

I'm more than a bit surprised at the reviews of the Celebrity Reflection. One negative reviewer was on the same cruise as we were, we shared windy conditions leaving Miami. And we both booked aqua class. Here all comparisions end.

Check in. A bit messy with the abundance of papers that we had to fill in, both online and again here. Still it did not take long before we could board. Soon afterwards our staterooms were also ready.

Stateroom: Aquaclass was fantastic. Service several times a day, take a shower and when you return, new towels await. Impressive service throughout the cruise. Suddenly a bag with beachtowels, perfect roomservice.

Blu: I don't know what to say. We are experienced travellers, 4 and 5 star hotels mostly. We owned a highclass B&B once and I am a greta cook myself. So going out for dinner is often not worth the money, I cook circles around most chefs. Not here. From filet mignone to lobster tail, almost everything served was of the best More quality possible. Also here service cannot be beat, at breakfast the sky is the limit, fresh orangejuice, pancakes, french toast, sensational smoked salmon with toasted bagels, everythingyou could wish for. I Blu worth the price of aqueclass? Absolutely.

Main restaurant: very beautiful. A bit messy but also here the food was perfect. We ate here only twice, prefering Blu.

Swimming pool: Here you can see the ship is big and the pools are really too small. Great burgers with fries without extra charge and enough place to lay down.

The cafe: fine food, great assortment. Even sushi but that was not topclass.

Shows: the theater was as large as on land and the performers work really hard. Not everything is great, some songs don't fit with the rest. Still we were never bored with something new nightly.

All in all: you simply cannot find a hotel with this level of service anywhere on the planet. The formal nights were real nice and we were very impressed with Celebrity. I only hope they can keep it up. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 1501

1501 is said to be in the wrong place, all the way in front. We did not mind it at all.

Interesting, but maybe next time we will take a tour to see more.
Read 1376 San Juan Reviews

Too touristic for our taste. If you don't want jewellery there is not much else. We went to a beach instead.
Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews

Took a taxi around the island. Very nice.
Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews