Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by seamaiden23

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by seamaiden23
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: seamaiden23
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Dubai
Destination: Middle East
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
BEST CRUISE EVER
I booked this cruise for my husbands 50th birthday.

We stopped in the Dubai Marina 4 nights before and stayed in Dubai 6 times before so the intention was to do view sea inwards on our cruise. the ship being the holiday not so the destinations. Due to the snow days before, we were very worried but we had 4 days to get to the ship. we found others with the same idea.

Embarkation was smooth. The clerk at check in didnt know why they took all passengers passports and slapped a big sticky label over the front saying British which was nigh impossible to remove when we left. Normally RC stick labels on the back of the passport not smack bang over your nationality.

We usually book an inside cabin as we find as its so dark its the best we ever sleep. Take a small torch and an alarm, we NEARLY MISSED BREAKFAST. Our cabin was clean functional and we were more than happy. Our Cabin Attendant was lovely and when he realised it was my husbands bitthday made a flower collage on the bed and he got a bithday card. A lovely touch.

We had muster the first evening and half the passengers were late for the roll call. Very laxidaisical and walking dead slow despite catcalls from punctual people saying *let em drown* bet they speed up if we sink. Shame some of the people wearing the tabards ASK ME FOR ASSISTANCE, had them on inside out. Shame some passengers didnt take the muster seriously.

Entertainment excellent. Ken and Tim excellent. Loved the games, the competitions and the YMCA night was FAAAANTASTIC !! Barney the guitarist and singer from Montana is a lovely, friendly and gifted man, mainly featuring in the Crown and Castle English pub.

We werent worried about the smokers and didntnfind it an issue, just surprised. There seemed to be more places to sit quietly on this ship.

Buffet Food was wonderful. Disappinted that even though we all used the handwash, some passengers still stick their fingers in food.

The formal dining was excellent the waiters excellent.

Special thanks to the Greeter lady from the Carribean who greeted you to the buffet with puppets and songs.

I had a soda package, strange how sometimes you still dont get your soda drink. i asked one male waiter in the Schooner Bar 4 times. on the 5th I asked a lady and it was instantly got for me. The waiters at the pool were the same, easier and quicker to go tothe bar. Our dinner waiter repelenished my drink BEFORE I finished , wonderful.

Had this problem on other RC ships. Bar staff more helpful than the waiters wandering around.

We had to go back to Dubai for two medical emergencies. I hope if I am ill no one stands and takes pics of me like some passengers did. Unbelievable.

We only did one boat trip at Muscat. Which was good and fed dates and Arabic tea. The trip company men were great.

The RC sttaff are so attentive and all stop and say hello maam and sir. Bit top heavy on supervision. we had a White Party night on top deck. One table, two men, six ice cream containers, queue of passengers and ONE SCOOP. Six supervisors standing and watching.

Never before have we stood at the front of a ship, BRILIANT!! Yes of course we did the TITANIC POSE!!

RC run to the same format, but we loved it.

This is the best ship we have been on so far and have 4 more coming up on different cruise lines.

LOVED IT !!!! and now cant get the Flow Rider song out of my head!!

Publication Date: 02/24/13
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Middle East Cruise Reviews