Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Mybutterfly1971: Wonderful break from the

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful break from the

Sail Date: February 2013

Sadly, our vacation is over and we had to return to the "real world"...work, bad weather, etc.
My husband and I had a wonderful vacation on the Carnival Breeze. Six days is not nearly enough time to enjoy the whole ship AND relax/unwind.
Our favorite parts where the excellent service from our room steward, Constantine, the Spa amenities and the Serenity area for adults only. Our room was very nice and we liked the location very much. Being that it was a Spa Balcony room, we were close to our favorite areas of the ship and the relaxing decor was very soothing.
Dining was a mixed bag, so to speak. We LOVED Guy's and Blue Iguana, but were very disappointed in the food at the Sapphire dining room. We went to the Steakhouse for Valentine's Day. Although my husband LOVED his steak-mine was just OK-we were disappointed in the service. We felt very rushed to eat, even though they state on the invitation to allow 2 hours for our dining "experience" they had us out of there in just More over an hour! We had the same issue with the Italian restaurant, Cucina del Capitano. The food was lovely, but again we felt VERY rushed. No time to enjoy our bottle of wine in either location. The service in the Sapphire dining room was good, but the food was lack luster.
Even though the ship is huge, it did not feel that way. The way it was designed it kept the space feeling comfortable, not overwhelming.
We each had different experiences at the spa. My husband had a wonderful, relaxing bamboo massage. I had a mani/pedi with Althena. She did a great job with my nails, but never smiled, was difficult to have conversation with (not talkative) and scalded me with the paraffin wax! If I did the spa again, I would ask for someone else. Everyone else was lovely.
Despite a few hiccups,we would definitely go on this ship again. I understand how this ship gets mixed reviews, but I am a strong believer that YOU can make or break your own vacation. If you let the small stuff get to ya...it's your own doing. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 11209

Good size cabin, calming colors and just enough closet/drawer space.

Grand Turk is beautiful. We wish that we had more time to explore the island.

We didn't get off the ship because we had been here before. We enjoyed a wonderful day at Serenity.
Read 2609 Nassau Reviews

Horseback Riding

(5.5)
This is excursion was one of the highlights of our trip. Chukka's staff was outstanding! They truly have fun and make you feel great. They had us laughing and smiling the whole time. They took photos of us with OUR camera as well as with their own. We also enjoyed some jerk chicken and a Red Stripe :)