Adventure of the Seas 4

“Fun on Adventure of the Seas”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

Erik79
Member Since 2011
8 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Overall, a good cruise. Embarkation was very easy, despite all the bad things I'd read about boarding in San Juan. To be fair, we do have priority check-in from the loyalty program. However, check in took only about 5 minutes and we only had to wait (in seats, with refreshments) for about 20 minutes to get clearance to board. We arrived at the pier around 11:45am and were on the boat enjoying a cocktail before 1pm. So get there early and start your vacation is my advice.
THE GOOD
The staff on the boat was excellent, truly great service. The ports of call on this itinerary are great, especially Curacao & Aruba. Having never been to the southern Caribbean before, it's now my favorite part. Besides being very beautiful with great weather, the people were all extremely friendly.
THE MEDIOCRE
The ship is a little old with some outdated decor. But, she's headed for dry-dock this year I think so that's not really an issue. It wouldn't be for me anyway. The food in the More main dining room was OK. Nothing was bad, but some nights were definitely better than others. At worst, it was on par with food at an average wedding. We ate in the specialty restaurant on the last night, and that food was excellent.
We booked another cruise while on board and were considering sailing on the Adventure again (it flip-flops between 2 different S. Caribbean itineraries). In the end, we chose to book the Jewel because of the specific itinerary and because we like the smaller ship. I would definitely consider the Adventure again in the future. Less

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

Catamaran Tour
Sunset catamaran sail. Very romantic, great for photography.

Snorkeling
Awesome experience. Great tour guides. 2 good snorkeling stops, then a lunch/beach break.

Cave Tour
Hato caves were very interesting, especially being above sea level. Our tour guide was great and took us on an impromptu tour of the the town upon returning to the pier area.

Rainforest Tour
Interesting and a pretty good workout to burn off the rum punch calories. The tour included a brief stop at Romney Manor's gardens. We were returned to the pier by noon which allowed for lunch/shopping in town.

The excursion to St. John's my wife and I were planning to take was cancelled, so we just explored around town. It's nice and we found a few good bars, but there's little to do in town if you're not planning on buying thousands of dollars worth of jewelry. Glady's is a great lunch spot in town. In retrospect, we should have taking the ferry to St. John's.
Read 3389 St. Thomas Reviews

Published 02/22/13

Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?