Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Miamifever

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Miamifever
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: Miamifever
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Allure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Valentine get away
For my first time ever on a official cruise ship, I was amazed at the price, service and quality. My husband and I needed a mini vacation, so when Royal Caribbean had this offer, I didn't delay. This was indeed too good to pass up. I combined it as our 17 wedding anniversary-Valentine-1st cruisers.

Let me begin was the positives. The staff, crew, ( some ) entertainers were wonderful. Our dining attendants knew their job and how to treat us. I found the dining professional and polite. I had no need for speciality dining options. The different areas of the ship were very well kept up and fun to explore. I was told that there were approximately 6,000 people on board, yet I found everyone was well spread out , therefore I didn't feel it to be a crowded. I read reviews after reviews regarding the Allure and found all advice just about right.

Unloading with the porters was an nice. The clearing of our paper work and boarding was much more pleasant that boarding an airline flight.

Random people and coupled were helpful and willing to take our photos.

Guest services were pleasant and honest. If they didn't know the answer they were honest to admit it and quickly find someone who could help.

Now the negatives: I found that parking next or near to the terminal 18 was expensive ($15.00

Per day mid size vehicle) the lot was not a covered one like it is near the convention so next time I think park and go will do. I'm glad it didn't rain so either someone to drop off or a big umbrella is advisable.

The zip line was closed more time that open due to rain.

Ocean aria show had several cancellation, but we were able to see one towards the end of the cruise. Most venues are closed once you stop at the ports which is sad because not everyone wants to see or do land excursions. We didn't see current movies played throughout the time for those who just want popcorn, soda and a good movie.

Overall, my husband was surprised, delighted that I took the time and made the effort. We saw, we did, we cruised. We'll be BACK...

Publication Date: 02/22/13