Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by jonsay24: Normally love NCL but this time wasnt the best!

jonsay24
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Normally love NCL but this time wasnt the best!

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas

I first experience NCL in 2010 and loved it. Everything about it, it as great. I booked this cruise and this was my third time on the ship. Have cruised 2010,2012 and now 2013. But I got a email for the dinner special for all three specialty restaurants. For a price and I paid it over the phone before we left on the cruise. When got on board I was told that I didn't pay for the dinners. But the funds had already been deducted from my account. So that as an unnecessary problem. I go on a cruise to just relax and have a great time not to have to deal with mistakes that are not my fault.That didn't get resolved till the next day on my three night cruise. To solve it I had to call my bank on-board to tell them that it was charged.Which is interfering with my short vacation.
To make matters worse I also had a problem with my rewards, I got 2 rewards for 250 each. So I paid 500 cash up front. Then when I got the 200 on board credit I was told by the philippine woman that if I didn't use More it all on board then I would lose it.So I tried to use it all before got off board. Then on third day I found out that was not true. I was upset because I could have saved it. I really didn't like the service I got either at the restaurant the crossing was nice however the servers act like they didn't want to be there which is very surprising because I have always had a great experience onboard.
Then when we went to LeBristo, which we were very excited about because this was our last night on board.We loved the food it was just the server was serving us however he just stopped in the middle we dint even know who our server was at that point. Food was great service not so much! So all in all was disappointed with my favorite cruise line! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 7012

Second time in ocean view room. Liked it alot. However this is the second time our onboard pizza has been thrown away and we only ate like two slices. But these hard cookies were left in our room the whole time. But rooms are great!

This was nice the BBQ was good. I liked he shops, my first time here was in 2010 and their has been alot of change since then. I liked it alot.