Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by DrDiggz: Excellent Time!

Explorer of the Seas 5
DrDiggz
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Excellent Time!

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

Well, my girlfriend and I just disembarked from Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas on 2/17/13 and I must say that this cruise was very relaxing and full of non stop entertainment. That being said I do have a few minor issues with the ship and crew. The Explorer is beginning to show some slight signs of age for example, minor rust spots on the inside walls of my balcony stateroom as well as some rust showing on the outside of the ship. The interior of the ship looks as good as it did when I first cruised on her in 2002, absolutely beautiful ship overall.
The Dining room food was amazing and cooked to perfection and our waiter was excellent and catered to our every need quickly. The Windjammer Cafe was very good as well but became boring because of the lack of different choices during the trip, same food over and over again...
The only problem I encountered was with an extremely rude bartender in the casino royale bar. A quick trip to guest services and the issue was taken More care of immediately, never saw that bartender again for the whole week and we were given and apology and some chocolate covered strawberries that were sent to our room. We opted for the Premium Inclusive alcohol package for $55 a day per person and it was well worth it.
Our stateroom attendant was amazing as well.
Overall a vacation to remember and I will definitely be cruising with Royal Caribbean International again, hopefully on either an Oasis class or the new Sunshine class.
P.S. I asked some of the officers as well as the Captain about the Quantum of the Seas and they hinted that the ship would be sailing out of either New York City or Cape Liberty N.J.and that it would be a cold weather/warm weather conversion ship slightly larger then the explorer. but they also stated that they were not allowed to say anymore about it as per the Big Wigs at Royal Caribbean. Less

Published 02/21/13

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: D38528 Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin 8525 Deck 8 Fore, port side Balcony Stateroom was perfect, far enough away from elevators as to avoid hallway noise, Tv's need to be updated to flat screens. otherwise a fine room.

Read All Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D3) Reviews >>

Amazing! Para-sailing and Jet Skis are a must do!
Read 615 CocoCay Reviews

Just hop on a cab and for $4 a head you are dropped off at Atlantis on Paradise Island, explore the resort or walk through Atlantis to Cabbage beach which is free. I would not advise using the local banana boat and jet ski rentals. locals are too pushy.
Read 4287 Nassau Reviews

Cocoa Beach

Quick bus ride to the Ron Jon Surf shop and coco beach. Simple and easily worth the 15 bucks.

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

DrDiggz
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X