Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by DrDiggz

Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: D3
See More About: Explorer of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Excellent Time!
Well, my girlfriend and I just disembarked from Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas on 2/17/13 and I must say that this cruise was very relaxing and full of non stop entertainment. That being said I do have a few minor issues with the ship and crew. The Explorer is beginning to show some slight signs of age for example, minor rust spots on the inside walls of my balcony stateroom as well as some rust showing on the outside of the ship. The interior of the ship looks as good as it did when I first cruised on her in 2002, absolutely beautiful ship overall.

The Dining room food was amazing and cooked to perfection and our waiter was excellent and catered to our every need quickly. The Windjammer Cafe was very good as well but became boring because of the lack of different choices during the trip, same food over and over again...

The only problem I encountered was with an extremely rude bartender in the casino royale bar. A quick trip to guest services and the issue was taken care of immediately, never saw that bartender again for the whole week and we were given and apology and some chocolate covered strawberries that were sent to our room. We opted for the Premium Inclusive alcohol package for $55 a day per person and it was well worth it.

Our stateroom attendant was amazing as well.

Overall a vacation to remember and I will definitely be cruising with Royal Caribbean International again, hopefully on either an Oasis class or the new Sunshine class.

P.S. I asked some of the officers as well as the Captain about the Quantum of the Seas and they hinted that the ship would be sailing out of either New York City or Cape Liberty N.J.and that it would be a cold weather/warm weather conversion ship slightly larger then the explorer. but they also stated that they were not allowed to say anymore about it as per the Big Wigs at Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 02/21/13