Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by datira

Member Name: datira
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: ver
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

What a great cruise
My wife and I have taken several cruises over the years and we were generally pleased with all of them but from the minute we stepped on this ship we knew we were in for something special. Check in was organized and easy, no long lines since they start early. We stepped onto the glass enclosed elevators and as we flew up toward the 14th deck we encountered an engineering marvel. There suspended seemingly in mid air is a beautiful live tree, visible from all of the elevators in that bank. The next few hours were spent in exploring the ship after the obligatory stop at the buffet lunch of course. We love to sit outside when we eat and Reflection has many tables just outside the buffet area.

During the tour, my wife and I could not stop marveling at the interior design. The furnishings were plush and comfortable, and the art work was creative. Our room (a veranda room) was comfortable and the bathroom spacious. Our first day and a half were at sea so all the passengers were onboard. This is sometimes problematic but there were plenty of lounge chairs available. Another thing I was pleased to see was that fresh towels were always available. On previous cruises towels were hard to come by 2 PM in the afternoon.

The food on the cruise was just fine. Breakfasts were available in the main dining room and at the buffet. The buffet was well organized. A staff member wrote down what we wanted on our omelette, and within 2 minutes your name was called and a hot fresh omelette was on your plate. Ice cream was available from 12 to 10 PM and you could get it topped with M&M's or other goodies. We were onboard for the Superbowl. They did such a great job. The theater was used and decorated in both team colors. The food made it feel like we were tailgating, wings, burgers, franks and nachos. They could not have made it more fun.

We went to one specialty restaurant and it was the highlight of our trip. The Lawn Club Grille is not to be missed. You actually get to cook your own dinner next to a professional chef. I learned so much about grilling from him. I also had a blast making our first course, spinning pizza dough high in the air as my wife took videos of me, priceless. I can't end the review without mentioning the talent onboard. They were great. I especially loved the comedy magician Scott Alexander. His magic was jaw dropping and the way he delivered it was a riot. I've been on many other cruises and you over hear people talking to each other in the hot tubs or on the elevator. On this cruise, I never heard a negative comment which is amazing. I could go on and on but no need. You will love this cruise!!!

Publication Date: 02/21/13