Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Bee1979

Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Don't listen to the negative reviews!!!
I read cruise critic pretty much every night before I left. I grew more and more worried with each passing review that we had made a huge mistake. The reviews were not right and I had made the best decision of my life!! I loved the Breeze and I loved cruising in general for that matter. We flew into Miami a day early and enjoyed a relaxing evening on Ocean Ave. We stayed at the Fashion Haus hotel on a whim. We got a really good deal on Price Line. An $800 a night room for $200. It was comical, all glitz and really no function, but it was right on the strip and a good story for us. They were very helpful. We ate at at The Big Pink on Saturday morning and loved it, really a must try. The food was fabulous and the place was buzzing with conversation and action. We took a cab to the cruise terminal and arrived at Noon. We blew through the line and were on board the ship by 12:30. The trick is having all your paperwork and passports together and ready, so many people slowed things down by digging in there purses. Right when we got on board there was a party in the atrium. We got a drink and began exploring! The ship was beautiful and super clean. There is bar every five feet and always a staff person waiting to help you. We immediately found the Red Frog Pub, and were so excited to finally be there as I had read all about it on line, and began the fun! We spent so much time hanging out and relaxing there. We would order a 101 oz. tap of the Red Frog beer and sail away the sea days playing shuffle board and fooze ball. Now for how else we spent our days...

Sea days: We loved the Red Frog pub like I mentioned above. We enjoyed the staff there and even tried the pub fare. The pork sandwiches were great the wings were so so, but worth the three bucks. We gambled a little each sea day and went to the Newly Wed game one day, which was awesome! Do not miss it. We played bingo which was fun but a bit over priced at $25 a player. We went to a cooking demonstration in the steak house which was awesome and delicious! But we were disappointed in the wine and food pairing we attended the following sea day, not worth the extra $15 a person. We always hot tubbed on the fifth floor right outside of the casino, both pools were a mad house but this area was always quiet with open loungers and hot tubs. We tried the thrill theater, which was ok, but short and for kids mostly I would say. It would be nice to have a regular movie play instead of the short clips for $7.50/person. We played mini golf and pool on the last sea day and really enjoyed sports square. It was relatively quiet, given it was a sea day and very fun. We never tried the water park, but it looked good. We also never got into either pool.

For an extra charge: We ate at the steak house which I would do again. Great service, great food, and an excellent atmosphere. It was more than worth the up charge. We had a massage at the spa which was nice, but not sure I would do it again. I was disappointed that none of the other spa features were included with the service. The drinks at all of the bars were great and well poured. I had no complaints in that area. Everyone in my party got the soda card which I recommend. It was worth the price as we each had at least 4 sodas a day.

Free food: We ate at the dining room every night, except for the steak house night and we loved it. We ordered anything we wanted to try on the menu and seconds of anything we wanted more of. We had great service, including the bar server, who bought our sodas to us immediately upon sitting down every night. Every thing was warm, but not hot. No biggie for us, but might matter to some. I had a banana split every night off the kids menu. It was great! We loved Guys Burgers and the Catina. The breakfast burritos were great. We ate at the Italian place for lunch and all liked it a lot. The sea side barbecue was excellent, but busy! The only thing I found really lacking were the buffet desserts. They were terrible, all of them. I don't know what the deal was, but the ice cream was good!

Entertainment: We enjoyed everything. The shows were cheesy but we still went and laughed. There was always something going on so if you were bored, it was your own fault. They had a nice party for the Superbowl and the staff was always trying to get you involved. We played in the arcade and enjoyed it. They even give each person 5 free games, which was nice. My partner did napkin folding and loved it.

Ports: We got off at all the Ports. We chartered a fishing boat in St. Thomas which was nice but not for us. We only lasted 3 of the six hours. In Antigua we did a beach excursion through Carnival and enjoyed it. I thought it was well run and well priced. We had enough time to eat lunch on the island after and do a little gambling, which I do not recommend! Antigua casinos are not like those in America. We snorkeled at the baths in Virgin Gorda while in Tortola, which was amazing but very physically demanding so be sure you are up for it. The excursion was through Carnival and again well run. We went to The Blue Lagoon in Nassau, which had an awesome boat ride included but the place it self was beautiful but kind of a tourist trap. I liked it because it was relaxing but the money could have been better spent I think. Again though Carnival and well run.

Overall: The ship was clean and wonderful, easy to navigate but be ready to walk. Our cabin was clean and good size for two people. The food was great. The staff was wonderful and accommodating. For the money, you simply cannot beat it. We got off as quick as we got on and are already planning our next cruise!

Publication Date: 02/21/13