Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by AandBmom: Beautiful Breeze!

AandBmom
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

Beautiful Breeze!

Sail Date: February 2013

This was our 5th cruise (1 Princess, 4 Carnival). This time we sailed with our 4 children (ages 2,3,7,8) my MIL and FIL as well as my SIL her BF, my nephew (15) and niece (18). We flew in from Toronto at 10am the morning of the cruise. We used SAS shuttles from FLL to POM.

The Breeze is absolutely beautiful. The decor is so fresh and just makes you feel happy. I love the new colours, the layout was fabulous and the wide range of comfortable seating was amazing.

EMBARKATION - arrived at 11ish (despite the email we got asking us to come after 1pm). We were through security in 5 minutes and through the check in counter and on the boat within about 1/2 hour. It was a Breeze (joke will never get old). We grabbed lunch and our cabins were ready shortly thereafter.

CABIN - 7447 and 7433. Both beautiful balconies, nice layout, lots of storage, comfy bed, liked the couch area for the day, pullman bed and couch bed worked well for our toddlers. We were near More the back of the boat so more rocking than I'm used to but not too bad. Quick trip up to the Marketplace and aft pools where we hung out a lot. Most importantly quiet! Never heard other cabins, hardly anyone walking past in the hall and never heard noise from the ship (ie in the past heard restaurant or deck chairs from above, etc).

FOOD -

Lido Marketplace - pretty standard Carnival buffet. No concerns. Short lines, food at the right temp, good variety, etc. Lots of available tables, never had to "pounce" on a table to save it. Enjoyed the omelette station, deli, Mongolian wok, sweets, etc.

Italian Restaurant - only went at lunch when there's no service charge. The pasta was decent, the lasagna was terrible as reviewed by the 4 at our table that tried it, salad was plain but fine, bread was ok, noise was terrible from I think basketballs overhead. I would never pay extra to eat there and wouldn't even bother with lunch there next time.

Guys Burgers - amazing, ate there 3x. Great burgers, toppings and fries. Short lines most of the time except right after people returned from ports.

Tandoor - Amazing, not too spicy, great chicken, hummus, tzatziki, rice, etc. My favourite lunch on the ship.

Pizza Pirate - quite tasty, open 24hrs, short lines most of the time, except after returning from ports.

Dining Room - not terrible, but compared to past cruises, it was slow service, our server was nice but not really outgoing like I'm used to. Food was kind of boring and I think Carnival needs some new menu options, especially in the area of desserts. Some nights I had trouble choosing b/c nothing excited me whereas in the past I had trouble b/c there were too many great options. Maitre D from Ireland sang to us each night and was quite the entertainer. Loved the singing waiters, they seemed happier than on past cruises. Decor was beautiful.

Never tried room service but they had some good options.

Bar service - friendly, efficient.

ACTIVITIES -rope course, my kids really enjoyed it. I didn't have closed toe shoes so I couldn't do it.

pools - too small IMO, on sea days people were elbow to elbow and it looked quite murky, kind of like old bath water. When not busy they were nice though.

Chairs - often hard to find deck chairs around the pools but lots in other areas. Enjoyed the rattan cushioned furniture very much though. Nice addition. Chair hogs were in full effect though.

Big Screen TV - wish I could've caught evening movies but just missed it with busy family life. Enjoyed some of the Michael Jackson concert one afternoon though. Also enjoyed the morning show with cruise director Butch (awesome by the way) and his assistant (also awesome).

Camp Carnival - awesome as usual. Kids loved it. Room is large, inviting, bright and good location, better than the other ships I've sailed. Great activities for all ages.

Evening shows - never got to the comedy b/c of kids, wish I had've. Went to Divas and the Brits. I didn't like the shows much at all. The background lights, scenes, sets, etc were interesting but the singing was pretty bad and the dancing was quite amateur.

Thrill Theater - fun for all ages, staff let my family share 2 all week passes which made it a good value. My 7 year old watched 5 movies and loved them. I saw one and thought it was cool.

mini golf - fun course, never too busy.

track and gym - hubby thought it was a good workout spot

Cloud 9 spa - SIL enjoyed doing classes there.

Trivia - family enjoyed trivia activities

Adults Only Serenity Area - best one yet. Beautiful, large, amazing seating, couches, little sea shell shaped beds, tucked away in a nice spot ( you have to seek it out).

Splash works - best so far on all the ships I've been on. Huge, great for all ages, awesome big and little slides, warm water.

Hot tubs (aka luke warm tubs), hubby thought they were only luke warm, maybe it's so people enjoy them in the middle of the hot day??? lots of them to choose from though.

Shops - candy shop fun for kids, other shops nice.

STAFF - all amazing and friendly.

OTHER GUESTS - mostly friendly. Lots of Americans and Canadians. Some snotty people but met lots of wonderful people. One guy was asked if he could move down one seat in the theatre as he was sitting alone with 3 empty seats on either side of him and a family of 4 came in. He said no and he didn't have any guests joining him, he just sat alone the whole movie and refused to move so the family of 4 split up. Some people seemed grumpy about my kids just being kids (my 2 year old likes to sing in the elevator, etc. and they were quite well behaved.)

SMELL - at times we could smell a sulfur like smell but it was never too bad.

Customs and getting off the ship - super easy and quick. Glad we didn't have to get up insanely early to do customs on the boat like in the past.

I would sail the Breeze again in a heartbeat, it was an amazing vacation for all ages. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 7447

7447 - great storage, great location, quiet, a little bit rocky due to being at the back of the boat. Near the elevator. Nice balcony.