Pacific Pearl Cruise Review by taffy62: Enjoyed My Pacific Pearl cruise

Enjoyed My Pacific Pearl cruise

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Embarkation was really well organised saying that we were 3 hours late due to previous cruise being delayed.
First impression was that the ship was not as "Pretty" as the Dawn Princess and in places smelt a bit musty and was a bit tired looking.
We boarded and went to the Plantation for a bite to eat. Our cutlery was dirty and there was all bits of food on carpet under out table. Put this down to cleaners not having time to clean properly due to trying to get us on board in a rush.
After this first time did not come up against this issue again.
The cabin was really spacious and I liked the set up for the robe and shower it was tucked away around the corner so if you needed to put light on it didn't really disturb people in the bedroom also heaps of storage space. Shower pressure was really good.
The crew on board were really helpful and friendly. Entertainment was plenty and lots of little bars around ship all with their own different ambiance.
I liked the idea More of kids pool and adult pool.
The food in both buffet and dining room was really nice and lots of choice. I also didn't have any problem with the food being cold.
Things I would have prefer d to have is free soft drink machine in buffet as there was only tea coffee and water provided.
The cocktails only had half nips in them so weren't very strong.
The cabin had a lot of creaks and groans which I heard throughout the night.
One think to note is our room and some parts of the ship was really cold and I didn't take closed in shoes and a cardigan so my feet and arms were cold next time I will be prepared for this. We looked at air con switch on wall and it said don't touch as it is set to a set temp. It was only on 3rd night I found a switch on the wall by the desk where we could adjust the temp but did find when I turned it warmer every time the cabin staff cleaned the room they would put it on the coldest again! There were no extra pillows or blankets in room but when I requested a blanket they gave me a single duvet.
I would sail with P&O again but I like the idea of trying a different ship every time so I think it will be a while before I go back on the pearl.
Overall I had a great time and really enjoyed my holiday:) Less

Read more Pacific Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Pearl Review >>

I didn't really like Noumea it was dirty and nothing much there and nothing like I imagined. Most people I spoke to thought the same and wondered why P&O still go there. Even the comedian on board called it blacktown by the sea! I thought the Isle of Pines was beautiful but if you not into snorkeling or lying on the beach there isn't much there either.
Read 69 Noumea Reviews