Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by cattieos1

Member Name: cattieos1
Cruise Date: February 2013
        7-9 5+

Carnival Breeze 2-10-2013
My husband, son and I traveled on the Breeze on 2-10-2013. I had read lots of bad things about the ship, but decided not to pay attention to them! I found very few problems with the ship or the crew.

It is a beautiful ship and even though there were 4500 people on it, it never seemed crowded and there was rarely a line for anything.

Everything was clean and well maintained. There was always someone cleaning something. Which is comforting.

Our room steward was awesome, I can't remember her name, but she knew our names the first night. My son asked her for a monkey and when we came in that night she had made one hanging on our light! He loved it.

The Camp Carnival crew was wonderful, my son wanted to go all the time. He especially loved Sophie, he talked about her all the time.

The food was good, especially the burgers. And amazingly, I found the BBQ excellent! I'm from the South, where BBQ is a huge deal, and if a southerner thinks it's good BBQ, then it's GOOD BBQ! And of course the chocolate melting cake was great. The Deli was another place we ate at alot, my son loves cheese sandwiches and by the second day I had ordered them for him so many times that the man working there knew exactly what I wanted when I walked up. He was always very friendly and sweet to my son when he went up to place his own order.

The drinks are great, I had way too many pina colodas! We ate at the steak house on Valentine's night and it was really really good food. Also the cake from the cafe plaza is very good, and at only 2.00 a piece is not overpriced at all.

We loved the Hasboro game show, it was really fun. I wish they had chosen more kids to participate though. My husband did get on stage to play and got a deck of cards as a consolation prize.

We didn't see any shows, that's not our thing. My son saw two of them and liked them. We were unable to see the comedy shows because the lines were really long. We spent some time at the piano bar and loved the guy that played the guitar, I don't know his name but I thought he was much better than the actual piano guy. I liked the music by the pool, it was nice to have a variety of music played.

we found a few neat things hidden away on the ship. At the red frog bar there is a small area with a shuffle board game and a fooze ball table, and right outside the door there is a bean bag toss game. My son loved those.

I have read that the staff seemed unfriendly, but I never encountered that. Everyone spoke and smiled. I think the people who are finding unfriendly people may be unfriendly themselves. There were, of course, rude passengers who jumped in line or didn't say excuse me, but that's not the ships fault.

We only ate in the dining room once, the food was good, and our wait staff was always there to see if we needed anything. They weren't overly chatty, and didn't seem very happy about singing, but that doesn't really matter to me. I didn't go to dinner to see the waiters sing. I also didn't go to dinner to have an in-depth conversation with the waiter. I have worked as a waitress numerous times and were discouraged from holding long conversations with the people eating.

We did all the elegant picture nights, and one person really stands out. One of the photographers, Mario, was great. For some reason, my son thought that Mario had been at the airport with us, so the first time he saw Mario he ran up to him and started chatting. Mario just played along and every time he saw my son he knew his name and spoke to him and high fived him.

There were a few things I didn't like. I did notice the random sewage smell, mainly in the bathrooms and sometimes at the back of the ship on the top deck above the pizza place. Towards the end of the cruise it was in more places. But not overpowering or sickening.

Room service was really bad, I called one day and ordered a cheese sandwich around 3pm I never got it. Then another night we had called for a cheese sandwich about 11pm and it was going to be an hour wait, so we just gave up. Had we ordered steaks I could see the wait, but it shouldn't take long for a sandwich.

The pizza line was usually long and the pizzas were never ready. The deli line was long at times, and there was usually only one guy working. He was working as fast as he could but just couldn't keep up! None of the other food lines were long though. The main problem with the food was that in the middle of the day there was only the deli, the pizza and guy's burgers open. So the lines were long at those places. And when we came back from port we were hungry! I think that the other places should have also been open.

The boat seemed to rock more than other boats I have been on, but we also had much more wind. The day before we went to Grand Turk two boats had been unable to dock because of wind. The waterslides were closed on that day. That's not the ships fault though.

All in all I liked the ship. And we may sail on it again. If we don't it will be because we dislike Miami and not because of the boat and certainly not because of the people working on the boat!

Publication Date: 02/20/13