Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Slasty: First time cruising with Royal Caribbean was fantastic

Slasty
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas South Pacific Cruises

First time cruising with Royal Caribbean was fantastic

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

This was our first time cruising with Royal Caribbean after previously cruising on P&O and Princess cruises several times.

First impressions is the Radiance is an impressive ship. Embarkation was quick and painless and our room was ready. We were lucky enough to have been given a two bedroom suite overlooking the aft of the ship. The room was amazing and the balcony was fantastic.

The Radiance is a fantastic ship it had everything you wanted and was well maintained. The choice of numerous restaurants were great. We did the dining package and dined at all the restaurants. If you want that little bit better quality of food and service then try the speciality restaurants. The highlights were Chops Grill which we went to twice, Chefs table and Giovani's.

The outdoor area's of the ship were great the only thing I can pick is they need two outdoor pools. Getting a seat in the indoor pool was like winning lotto.

At first I was a little sceptical and More compared Royal Caribbean to Princess cruises. After several days I can say the Radiance beats other ships I have previously cruised on. The only thing I pick is that quality of food in the dining room and some aspects of service. I found the quality of food and service on Princess were much better. But this is a different cruise line appealing to different cruises.

We managed to visit all six ports and the highlight would be Champagne Bay. The water was crystal blue and the sand almost white. To top this off having a 2.5 kg lobster on the beach was something special.

Each of the bars and lounges were great and appealed to a different audience. I enjoyed the Schooner Bar and Colony Club. I would have like to go to the English Pub a few more times as it had an amazing list of beers but we ran out of times.

If anyone does get a suite please make sure to use the Concierge Club this was a fantastic place to visit before dinner. The Concierge Gazetty and Bartender Vanessa were both special people. The only downside was the one older female (Diamond Plus) who also visited the bar each day and decided to call numerous people children insulting names. Oh well she was put in her place a number of times by numerous people and warned twice by Cruise Management about her behaviour. I feel sorry for other cruisers as she is on the Radiance until early April. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Radiance of the Seas Two Bed Room Suite w/Balcony Deck 8 8668

Our two bedroom suite was amazing. It states it could fit eight persons but I think this would be a couple two many. The room is ideal for six persons with two in the main bedroom and four in the other room. The room has a nice living area and a large balcony with four chairs and table, and two lounge chairs.