Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by IDoSpas

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
First time cruising with NCL
This was a short vacation with my husband. We have not taken a vacation together since our kids where born 19 years ago.

I'll write reviews on our ports also.

Room: Very small. We cruised with Carnival and they are bigger. We had a balcony room. The TV is small, but we didn't watch it much. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. Not a lot of storage room, and no robes. Carnival offers more storage and robes.

Ship: It is small and only took us a few hours to figure out the layout. The dinning layout is bad as it is an older ship. You have to go threw the sitting area on deck 11 to get to the inside buffet. So we stuck to the back of the ship where they also have a buffet and sat out side to eat. Very nice. I would suggest if you want to skip the lines go there. The pools are nice but hard to get into. The walls that surround it are very high, so instead of trying to step over it we had to sit and spin. There are 4 hot tubs between the pools, they are also hard to get in and out of.

Entertainment: Good. We saw a tribute band show (4 seasons) with 4 young males. They are very talented. A juggling show that was great. And we brought white cloths for the Hot White party. Very fun. Be sure to go dancing at this event. I haven't danced for 20 years but I danced all night at this party. (after having a few drinks ;) lol We did notice that the 4 singers from the tribute show also enjoyed this party.

Food: We eat twice at the French restaurant. SO GOOD. I had duck both nights, my husband had steak and then pork. We also had snail, muscles, asparagus, scollops for appraisers. VERY GOOD. The wine is expensive, plan on 30-70 dollars a bottle. We eat once in the main dinning area. It was good. We had room survive, with salad and BLT's. I paid $2 for apple juice.

The Smell: Yes as stated before there is a smell on deck 10 in back of the ship. Again from bad layout probably.

Casino: Don't get suckered into playing the new game Key Hole. No one ever wins this thing, We watched for 2 days. Don't do it....

Publication Date: 02/20/13