Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by chipguy: Great cruise for the money

chipguy
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Great cruise for the money

Sail Date: February 2013

We arrived in Miami about 2pm. We haved used Premier Parking twice now and have not had any problems with their service. $62 for the week. They bring you to the port from their parking lot (5mins away), and pick you up at the end of cruise back to your car...no problems. Don't get there too early or you might wait.
Got to the port and walked right up to get checked in. No wait. After 16+ cruises,(not all Carnival) I've learned not to arrive too early or you will wait with impatient cruisers. Our cabin was ready so we dropped off our carry-ons and proceeded to our first round of Guy's burgers.Very good burgers. Only suggestion is they should have smaller size for people with smaller appetite. The fellows working this station were awesome and very nice and polite.
We usually get an inside cabin as we don't spend alot of time in it. We have gotten balconies before, but we like to spend our money elsewhere. Our cabin steward did an awesome job, as they always have for us. More
The food was about what we expected from the past. Not Gourmet, but a good value for what we paid. Our Waiters were good, but we have definitely had better.Still got the job done. The amount of food we see wasted is ridiculous, so we can see why over the years they have had to cut back.
Most of the employees were friendly,some more than others. I notice that everywhere I go in the world. The shows were good, but not excellent. The comedians were funny, some were better than others. I had fun in the casino as I always do. I wish they had at least a couple nights with no smoking.
My only real complaint was the children running up and down the corridors late at night. This I blame on parents not the cruise line. We called security as did our friends cruising with us. They didn't respond as well as we had wished. There were more children than we thought there would be this time of year.
The days at sea, we noticed the serenity deck was packed. I would like to see that area enlarged. We enjoy the adult atmosphere up there.
We enjoyed our ports of call(had already been to 3 of them). We went to the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins in Belize. Very nice tour, but very hot. The other ports we either walked the towns or hired a tour off the ship on our own.
Disembarkation went very smooth. We did the self assist. We were off the ship by 7:45. It took about 30 mins. in customs.
All in all we had a great cruise with great weather. The cruise ship is clean and well kept. Being on a ship for 7 days, there is always going to be rude people, but that is expected I think. I try to go the opposite direction of them. I would recommend Liberty to friends and family.
We are considering a larger ship next year, but I'm a bit leary of the amount of people on board. Friends have given good and bad reviews of larger ships.
Thanks Carnival for a great relaxing vacation. Less