Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by laura2161

13-15 5.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas
I just had to write to let you know about 'Our Perfect Cruise'!. We sailed on the Fantasy April 7-10th, 2005. It was the 2nd cruise for my daughter and I, and the first cruise for my parents. We ALL had the most fantastic time. (and as I predicted, my parents are most definitely planning on cruising with Carnival again)

We received a free upgrade to ocean view cabins, (which by the way, I am now spoiled and have to have an ocean view each time I cruise) and when we walked into our cabins (which were side by side) all four of us walked back out in awe! Both of our cabins were decked out in Bon Voyage decorations as well as key rings for all four of us,with a note from the casino department. In our room, we also had a wonderful fruit and wine basket, again from the casino department (laughs -- yes, I spend a lot of money in the casino when I cruise.)

The 2nd day of the cruise we went back to our cabins to change for dinner and again we had gifts in our cabins! This time in mine and my daughter's room we had a huge box of 'homemade' cookies, and in my parents room they had a wonderful bottle of wine!

We ate dinner in the dining room all three nights and could not have been more pleased with our head waiter Hill. He was truly fantastic!! My 15 year old daughter is a very picky eater so the first night at dinner I asked if he would bring over a plate of strawberries or some kind of fruit for my daughter to have as an appetizer since she wont touch salads. I also asked him to make sure her steak was served to her 'plain' -- No sauces or mushrooms or pepper,etc. Nothing. Just plain. He brought her a nice thick cut . The next two nights at dinner Hill made sure he brought over a plate of berries for her and nice juicy cuts of steak for her dinner. We did not need to remind him-He automatically knew what she wanted.

Dinners were great! I tried something new each night that I had never had before and so did my parents. We enjoyed everything! We never did see our room steward but our rooms were always cleaned and new towels in the bath when we returned to change for dinner.

My daughter did quite a bit of shopping in the shops onboard. I spent a lot of time in the casino (as usual). My parents made sure they had a drink in every lounge onboard (LOL). My daughter had a blast in the teens lounge every night. We even went to the pizzeria at 1 a.m. one night and ordered a whole pizza for the four of us. Everything from the moment we stepped on board until the moment we debarked went perfectly and smoothly. In fact it was such a perfect cruise I'm afraid it will never be able to be beat!

Embarkation was very easy. I wish I could remember the gentleman's name who checked us in as he was extremely nice and was smiling the entire time. Debarkation was just a 'little' confusing but not too bad. We were heading up to the Lido deck to grab some breakfast when we heard them announce that general debarkation had started so we just turned around and went into line instead of getting breakfast. The entire process only took 30 minutes.

I am already looking forward to my next cruise (which I have not booked yet) and I can say with certainty that my daughter and my parents will be accompanying me once again.

Publication Date: 07/03/05