Azura Cruise Review by Tudorln

Member Name: Tudorln
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: JD
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
Turbulence with Thomas Cook
Just returned from cruise on Azura we cruised eastern caribbean.

Flight on time this makes a pleasant change as the previous 2 years were long delays.

The seat configuration on TCook is 3-3-3 with some twos at rear so we paid the £60 to reserve a 2 towards the rear.

As soon as we were in the air the trolley came round with drinks these had to be purchased and it took 1hour 20 minutes to reach me.

This was followed by the 1 complimentary drink courtesy of P and O to have with meal.

After drinks were dispensed meal was served pretty poor it was too.

Then turbulence followed the worst I had known it lasted for over an hour being tossed about at 36,000feet.

Passengers were being sick all over the place with staff hard pressed to cope indeed there were no sick bags in the normal place so staff were rushing to get carrier bags instead.

No one could use toilets either for normal bodily function or to clean up after being ill.

Eventually things calmed down and the trolley returned for those wishing to purchase more drink alcohol included I asked the cabin staff if that was wise after all that had happened but they continued.

It was obvious to me that their prime concern was to sell as much as possible during the flight and nothing else really mattered.

We had a nice cruise with great weather but the entertainment was very poor and I noticed that cuts to expenditure were evident.

The ship looked much older than it is and the carpets in the cabin were poor lots of stains.

Other people have also noticed cost savings so I won't go into detail.

Publication Date: 02/20/13