Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by krev's husband: Great Adventure!

krev's husband
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great Adventure!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We realize a cruise line, it's ship and staff can't always be everything to everybody and sometimes things happen that may seem negative because we sometimes set our expectations so high. Having cruised RCI before we already had our level set and this is our review of our cruise.

Ship - Adventure Of The Seas - We first spotted this ship two years ago when we were in St Lucia on our first RCI Caribbean cruise on Serenade Of The Seas. Looked good so we booked it this time around. The ship was very clean but did show some wear and tear from it's years of service. A bit of worn carpet and some other wear rash around the high use areas but certainly nothing that would stop us from cruising tomorrow! We understand it's going in for a refit soon.

Shore Experience - Our check in and check out went very smooth and we arrived early to enjoy the ship's amenities. Our bags were in the stateroom by 5pm. They did misplace one bag when we got off but managed to find it after a More search. Tagged #23 in with the #33 bags... I can see it happening with 5000 pieces to process :-)

Staff - Our staff were excellent and assisted us when we ran into some technical difficulties and billing issues. All were solved quickly and to every ones satisfaction.

Cabin Attendant - Maria was great and always made us feel right at home. She helped us with some extra requests (wine glasses, documentation etc) and was always just a call away.

Entertainment & Social Activities - The Cruise Compass was always full of activities for everyone. The hardest part was having to choose between events occurring at the same time! We selected the various events and shows based on our personal likes and always enjoyed each one. Some more than others but then it's a wide audience they have to target.

Dinning Staff - Always had great service even though we changed servers during the second week.

Dinning Room - Our dining experience was very good. The choice and quality of the menu was excellent and we enjoyed the entire range of appetizers, dinners and deserts. The requests for an extra "this or that" item was always granted!

The only complaint I have is relatively small but I will mention it here because.. well not everything is perfect... right?! I had ordered a Rum Drink at dinner and was asked if I wanted a "double"? Sure I said... and when the bill arrived it was for two separate rum drinks and of course two tips etc.. Now a bottle of rum costs about 3 bucks down here so to be charged for two drinks instead of a premium for the second shot seemed a bit of a gouge to me. Good for RCI but bad for the customer.

Will I cruise with RCI again, Absolutely! Will I go on Adventure again? Absolutely! Will I order a Rum drink? Absolutely! Will I make it a "double"? Probably not :-) Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 8632

Just aft of midships on Port (left) side. Quiet but close to dinning and Promenade (down) and Buffet (up). Close to stairs/elevators and Wifi computer center Good location for us!

Kayak & Snorkel. Good fun but if your an avid paddler then you'll be disappointed. If you have not done it before then go for sure! Good snorkeling as well. Owner seems a bit rough on his staff. No time to converse with customers as our ship had docked late... they do double excursions so morning and afternoon. The boat staff were great though!
Read 802 Antigua Reviews

Went to the Boat Yard... 12 bucks got you a lounger, umbrella and rum punch drink.
Read 703 Barbados Reviews

Good! Quick & easy processing at 11:45... then on the ship for buffet lunch. Sky Bar social!
Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

Buck Island Snorkel - Great fun!

Lots of people trying to get your business as you leave the ship. Tours, beaches etc. We went to Adrenaline Zip lining... a absolute blast. Good equipment & great staff! Do it!

Rental car from Hertz. Very good service! Went to Friars Beach... 3 bucks for a lawn chair... nice beach. Bring cash to this island as CC are not used... unless your buying a diamond!