Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by krev's husband

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by krev's husband
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: krev's husband
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Great Adventure!
We realize a cruise line, it's ship and staff can't always be everything to everybody and sometimes things happen that may seem negative because we sometimes set our expectations so high. Having cruised RCI before we already had our level set and this is our review of our cruise.

Ship - Adventure Of The Seas - We first spotted this ship two years ago when we were in St Lucia on our first RCI Caribbean cruise on Serenade Of The Seas. Looked good so we booked it this time around. The ship was very clean but did show some wear and tear from it's years of service. A bit of worn carpet and some other wear rash around the high use areas but certainly nothing that would stop us from cruising tomorrow! We understand it's going in for a refit soon.

Shore Experience - Our check in and check out went very smooth and we arrived early to enjoy the ship's amenities. Our bags were in the stateroom by 5pm. They did misplace one bag when we got off but managed to find it after a search. Tagged #23 in with the #33 bags... I can see it happening with 5000 pieces to process :-)

Staff - Our staff were excellent and assisted us when we ran into some technical difficulties and billing issues. All were solved quickly and to every ones satisfaction.

Cabin Attendant - Maria was great and always made us feel right at home. She helped us with some extra requests (wine glasses, documentation etc) and was always just a call away.

Entertainment & Social Activities - The Cruise Compass was always full of activities for everyone. The hardest part was having to choose between events occurring at the same time! We selected the various events and shows based on our personal likes and always enjoyed each one. Some more than others but then it's a wide audience they have to target.

Dinning Staff - Always had great service even though we changed servers during the second week.

Dinning Room - Our dining experience was very good. The choice and quality of the menu was excellent and we enjoyed the entire range of appetizers, dinners and deserts. The requests for an extra "this or that" item was always granted!

The only complaint I have is relatively small but I will mention it here because.. well not everything is perfect... right?! I had ordered a Rum Drink at dinner and was asked if I wanted a "double"? Sure I said... and when the bill arrived it was for two separate rum drinks and of course two tips etc.. Now a bottle of rum costs about 3 bucks down here so to be charged for two drinks instead of a premium for the second shot seemed a bit of a gouge to me. Good for RCI but bad for the customer.

Will I cruise with RCI again, Absolutely! Will I go on Adventure again? Absolutely! Will I order a Rum drink? Absolutely! Will I make it a "double"? Probably not :-)

Publication Date: 02/19/13