Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Bluenose Cruiser: The Best Cruise Yet!!!

Bluenose Cruiser
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

The Best Cruise Yet!!!

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I am speaking on behalf of my fellow 9 cruisers and myself, I want to tell everyone how much we loved this trip and ship. By far, this has been the most beautiful Carnival Ship we have been on. The tropical decor is beautiful.

I respect others opinions, but found their comments to be completely opposite of what we experienced.

Lots of smiles and hellos the entire trip.

In point form:

Embarkation: very easy. We arrived at the port at 11:30 and by 12:30 we were on board.

Ship: beautiful, fresh, very clean, easy to navigate.

Food: Guy's Burger Joint - ate there every day - was so worth it, Breakfast Burritos - yummy, Marketplace: - my husband waited in line up to 10 minutes for a custom omelette - it takes him that long to cook it home himself. Dining Room - we ate at the Blush Dining Room - our waiters were Iputu and George - they are so entertaining and kept our water full, lots of rolls, food was quick and hot, good as well. We More always stayed and chatted with them. Hey, I didn't have to cook or clean up the dishes.

Lines for anything: There are over 3000 passengers on this ship, you are bound to stand in line - however, the longest I encountered was 10 minutes for pizza.

Cabin: Clean, bed was comfy, lots of room. Ordered coffee and treats from room service one morning - brought more than enough. Frank did a fantastic job as our cabin steward and what ever we asked for, he brought for us.

Piano Bar: Ron Pass - is a must to see - he is a gem on this ship. Went to see him many nights - go early to get good seats.

Thrill Theatre/Waterworks - was fun - younger kids will love this.

Chairs: always found chairs opening up on deck. People are coming and going all the time. Just have some patience.

Some things we did see a difference is there was less bar staff to come and deliver your drink during the late afternoon and evening. We had to go get our drinks at the bar - oh well - got us moving and never bothered us at all. The shows in the Ovation Theatre are more like a concert as apposed to a mini Broadway production. The comedian's at the comedy club were OK - but still enjoyable.

Vacation is what you make it and I would book another cruise and take the kids on the Breeze in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this ship. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 6202

Our inside cabin with an obstructed view on deck 6 was the same size as our cabin we had on the Dream with a deck. We didn't find the ship rocking anymore in this cabin as we did mid-ship on the Dream. If you are a light sleeper, when coming in to dock you will hear the motors for the ropes, in preparation for docking. However, the cost of this cabin was the same as an inside room - great value. We had a deck just outside of our window. I would book this again.

Antigua - got off the ship and taxi's were waiting at the dock to take you where you wanted to go. We took a taxi to Dickinson Bay for beach time. It cost us $3.00/each way/pp, 10 minute ride and they would come back and pick us up at a pre-determined time - great. We also were able to rent Jet Ski's here at $45.00/half hour. Beautiful Beach, but not great for snorkeling, the water was not clear - it was sandy. This is where Sandals Antigua is located.
Read 804 Antigua Reviews

Nassau - decided to walk to The Fish Fry - took 1/2 hour, however, not the same type of fish N chips as you would find in Canada - they cooked the whole fish. We should have asked. However, that is now a great laugh. There were 6 ships in and it was busy downtown. Next time we land in Nassau, we will head to a beach.
Read 2645 Nassau Reviews

Magen Bay Beach

(5)
Great value booking this tour through Carnival. St. Thomas - always beautiful - took the Megan's Bay/City Shopping Carnival Excursion and it was easy to find it upon leaving the ship Megan's Bay is not great snorkeling if you are looking for that - but a beautiful beach non the less.

(5.5)
Tortola: Our favourite stop by far. We pre-booked a cab through Sacto's Bus N Taxi Services to take us to Brewer's Bay - $20.00/pp there and back. They were standing at the dock with our name on a board. The beach was heavenly, white sand, clear blue water, snorkeling over on the left side of the bay. Would go back there in a heartbeat.
Read 502 Tortola Reviews