Ruby Princess Cruise Review by princessgirl56: First time on a cruise

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First time on a cruise

Sail Date: January 2013

My girlfriend strong armed me to cruise with her in January. I suffer with vertigo and was convinced I would be sick the entire time. Every Moring she gave me a motion sickness tablet and away we would go exploring the ship and all the amenities on board. It was awesome! I never once got sea sick. Our steward was a great guy and took very good care of us. The ship was spotless. The gal that books future cruises gave a seminar on how to navigate the ship, ports of call and how to avoid seasickness. I was in stiches! Very funny and informative. Wonderful food. Great outdoor theater. Beautiful pools. Just a wonderful experience. First vacation I have ever taken where I was waited on hand and foot.
I have booked for next year and I'm taking my husband and my mom and dad. I feel cruises are the best value for your buck.
The only negative was the hotel we stayed at the night before our cruise.
There were 2 different cruises leaving at the same time. The area to sign in and More complete the heath form was not marked for what ship you were taking. After standing in line for a 1/2 hr, we were informed we were in the wrong line and had to start over again. 6 or 7 busses trying to get into a tiny parking lot.Well.. it was chaos. We didn't get on the boat until very late and I felt like I wasted a day of my cruise. For our cruise next year I booked our hotel and taking a cab. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

I didn't get to see much of this island.

Semi-Sub Expedition

(5.5)
The excursion said partially submerged submarine. It was actually a very deep bottom boat. However, to was way to cool to see the coral reef. It was very nice. If you are have trouble with confined spaces don't go because its tight and they close the upper lid.If you get seasick don't go.It rocks a lot.

Beautiful beach. Great buffet. If you rent a clam shell on the beach make sure you choose 1 early. They fill up fast and you wont find 1 on the nice part of the beach. Next time I go I'm getting a cab to see more of the island. Also I'm packing my own snorkel gear. Its cheap to buy at home and its comes in its own mesh bag and small enough to pack. Its to expensive to rent gear on every island you go to. They also have lockers to rent for 5 bucks.

Bikini beach was beautiful. Huge waves. Best swimming of the cruise. Our tour guide was a very funny and helpful man. I found out Blackbeard's castle has nothing to do with bleackbeard and skip the amber wall. That was pretty stupid. Just a bunch of amber glued to a wall. I thought it was going to be a wonder of the world or something!

Historic Site